An inexpensive yet versatile molding bench

From molding systems to gating, what goes on at the molding bench will make or break a casting.
Rocco

Re: An inexpensive yet versatile molding bench

Post by Rocco »

mite5255 wrote:
Zebdeming wrote:Great idea! And to think I just passed up a free aluminum toolbox :cry:

Zeb
Wow you past it up, I would have taken it and decided what to do with it at a latter date
I always feel a little sorry for people on small suburban lots where storage space is at such a premium that you need to turn down good junk when it's available.
Zebdeming

Post by Zebdeming »

Rocco wrote:
mite5255 wrote:
Zebdeming wrote:Great idea! And to think I just passed up a free aluminum toolbox :cry:

Zeb
Wow you past it up, I would have taken it and decided what to do with it at a latter date
I always feel a little sorry for people on small suburban lots where storage space is at such a premium that you need to turn down good junk when it's available.
My problem isn't a small space, it's that I have too much stuff :D Wife's been cracking down on me over the clutter

Zeb
Donk

Post by Donk »

Sell her and get a smaller one!

Donk
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Too much stuff, I don't quite understand :roll: :D .....You might have the answer donk.......I actually know what your going through Zeb , My wife tells me the day I die she's going hire a skip and there'll be nothing left in the yard :o

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Donk wrote:Sell her and get a smaller one!

Donk
Good one Donk :), reminds me of "Got a new truck for the wife... best trade I ever made". I am real lucky because as long as I keep a nice yard for her the wife doesnt care what I pile in the back forty.
mite5255 wrote:My wife tells me the day I die she's going hire a skip and there'll be nothing left in the yard
Tell her you wont care a bit Mike... I have always told my family that when I die I want them to save the money on a funeral and all and use it for a big ass party, load my ashes into the fireworks and send me off. My wife was always put off with cremation and said she did not want that to be her end so I would always tease her shes gonna be toast if I wasnt getting my way :) Seems lately though she has... ummm warmed, up to the idea though so I cant use that one anymore.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Some people are lucky to have a back forty ;) , my property is only 10 m x 60 m (32 ft x 196 ft) with a house up the top end so it sure don't take much stuff to make it look full :roll:
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I just call it the back forty, we have a few acres which is about a small neighborhood in tract housing terms but nothing like Bob has. One day we want to have 50 to 100 acres though. You Daughter has acreage... pile it over there :mrgreen:
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Harry wrote: You Daughter has acreage... pile it over there :mrgreen:
As much as I love my Daughter, and would love to have a shed out there she does have a bit of sergeant major type attitude sooooo I think at the moment I'll stay here :lol: and I'll just keep bitching about my lack of room
barryjyoung

Post by barryjyoung »

You could always melt a free aluminum box. Cutting it up might be a chore

Barry
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

im actually kinda stoked right now because the wife and i are talking of buying a few acres with hopes of building a new home on em. i told her in no uncertain terms that if we do this, i will build a workshop separate from the house, with a covered casting space. it will be at best 3 whirls around the sun before this happens, likely longer...but still im excited!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison