A question of great consequence

From molding systems to gating, what goes on at the molding bench will make or break a casting.
F.C.

Re: A question of great consequence

Post by F.C. »

We need a "KNOWLEDGE BASE" section for sand, wax, flux, oil based clay, etc., recipies and how-to topics on fab'n stuff, furnaces, burners, and the like supplied by individual members here giving credit to their contribution, too, of course. We have a bunch of great input strewn about throughout the site, referenced by similar topics, but not yet filed into a data base library in the form of a basic tutorial. Most what's been provided are experimentations of one thing or another someone's toying around with. I'm talk'n good foundation knowledge that won't necessarily change but would get someone up and running to cast on their own at a reasonable cost in materials. Just a thought is all....

Yeah, I know... who's this fella? Where'd he come from? HAHA.... I been absent awhile, haven't I. Sorry guys. Life's been a wild ride for me this past winter. I just about got'er bucked out, though... and hope to have 'er saddled and responding to my lead here soon. I really ought to hush and read through all the posts made this winter before I go run'n my mouth how things could improve around here, huh? Glad to see the new members, I must say, and happy to see some of the regulars still with all their fingers, eyeballs and toes still work'n... not to mention their backs. HAHAHA.

Cheers,

Frank
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Edit... personal note to self... check library section before offer'n advice. LOL...
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Its an age thing Frank :lol: :lol:
I have put the pages from the Navy manual on sand in the library section

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

You 'da MAN, Mike!! Thanks. Beat's have'n to wait till my trailer gets here out of storage. I got some recipies for Oil Based Clay that are awesome.. and CHEAP. Will work wonders in duplicating patterns and making patterns to cast for the members here. Got to get my trailer unloaded first as most everything I got in that regard is in storage.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:You 'da MAN, Mike!! Thanks. Beat's have'n to wait till my trailer gets here out of storage. I got some recipies for Oil Based Clay that are awesome.. and CHEAP. Will work wonders in duplicating patterns and making patterns to cast for the members here. Got to get my trailer unloaded first as most everything I got in that regard is in storage.
Welllllll you had better hurry up then Frank :lol: :lol:

If someone had the time and know how I wonder if you copied the whole Navy foundry manual and posted it online would you be stepping on some ones toes, as in infringing on copyrights

Mike
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I doubt it. Lindsay sells the book for 23 dollars. He only prints things that are out of copyright.

R
dallen

Post by dallen »

David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:its already online,

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/foundry/index.htm#pg48
Cool Dave :D :D . I've posted a link in the library section

Mike
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

If we need places for more things guys just let me know. This forum can have layers of subforums which makes it great for drilling down to information you want. The Library section can be expanded on if it gets busy in there to sort things down.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller