Pith Helmet Brass Top Ball Finial and Dome Fitting

From molding systems to gating, what goes on at the molding bench will make or break a casting.
mite5255

Re: Pith Helmet Brass Top Ball Finial and Dome Fitting

Post by mite5255 »

Rasper wrote:Stop lifting stuff. Ever since I started letting other people do the lifting I have had no back trouble.

Boat anodes should be good zinc. I've been itching to cast some yellow brass, just for the hell of it.

Wonder where Harry is? And F.C.?

Richard
Stop lifting, now why didn't I think of that :lol: I'm the only silly bugger here that's dumb to keep lifting :roll: , When you say you have others to do your lifting Richard, are they employee's
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Anyone dumb enough to be around me when there is something heavy to be lifted. I'm not adverse to have women do it. Since feminism began, they want to prove how able they are. Well I am more than willing for them to be able. I provide lots of opportunities for them to prove it.

I'm serious. I don't lift stuff. My back is more important to me than my manliness.

HA!

Richard
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

I'm here... I check in almost daily. Only post if I see something I can assist with. I hear ya on the back issue... I ought to take your advice, 'cept I'm hoplessly an idot, bull headed, and convinced I'll survive anything. This past shoulder surgery hadn't taught me anything 'cept work harder to get through the pain of recovery. I was just talk'n to my last surviving uncle via phone today... he's 80 yrs old, recovering from a third hip surgery due to a bike wreck he got into not long ago. Fractured his skull, broke most his ribs, ground off a bunch of skin from his head and body, totally destroyed his hip, and broke a couple other bones I forget which ones. He rested up in a motel for a week before call'n an ambulance.. :lol: Kept tell'n himself "it'll pass, give it time". After his release from the hospital he was back to ride'n and doing his daily routine within a week. Now I know where I get my stubborness from... the "White" gene. I did the same after my shoulder surgery recently. I was back to work within three days. Hell, I spent two years try'n to walk off the initial injury that caused me to have to have that surgery. I swear, I felt better (albeit intermittently) before the surgery. LOL.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:I'm here... I check in almost daily. Only post if I see something I can assist with. I hear ya on the back issue... I ought to take your advice, 'cept I'm hoplessly an idot, bull headed, and convinced I'll survive anything. This past shoulder surgery hadn't taught me anything 'cept work harder to get through the pain of recovery. I was just talk'n to my last surviving uncle via phone today... he's 80 yrs old, recovering from a third hip surgery due to a bike wreck he got into not long ago. Fractured his skull, broke most his ribs, ground off a bunch of skin from his head and body, totally destroyed his hip, and broke a couple other bones I forget which ones. He rested up in a motel for a week before call'n an ambulance.. :lol: Kept tell'n himself "it'll pass, give it time". After his release from the hospital he was back to ride'n and doing his daily routine within a week. Now I know where I get my stubborness from... the "White" gene. I did the same after my shoulder surgery recently. I was back to work within three days. Hell, I spent two years try'n to walk off the initial injury that caused me to have to have that surgery. I swear, I felt better (albeit intermittently) before the surgery. LOL.
What type of bike was your uncle riding Frank, I was hoping to be still riding at 80 but I think my riding days are over, every time I went riding my back would start playing up, so I sold the shovel about 1 1/2 years ago, I also have back pain laying down to sleep which is really starting to piss me off. when I was a lot younger I wish I had of listened to the older workers that were trying to tell me. now I have shoulder issues and may need surgery to fix it, cortisone just aint working anymore

With regards to the pith helmet bits, I was told not to bother as they have found a supplier who can supply them for $40 per set, I was doing them for nothing just doing a favor for a work mate, and it was a learning exercise for me....next project :lol: ....Should be starting something new very shortly 8-)

Mike
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

One word.. "ACUPUNCTURE"... swear by it, Mite. I've seen men being told by a doctor they'd never work again and best settle into a sedintary life style and plan on getting used to a wheel chair and hospital bed at home, including eventual hospice care by the time they turned 60. Five visits to a accupuncturist (a good one, not some flybynight joker that took some career academy 6 month study course) those men were back to work and lived a long and mobile life. Serious... that stuff works miracles. And it's not that expensive, million times cheaper than the medical advice and pills the physicians sucker you into. Them Chinese invented it and mastered it over many generations well over 3,000 years ago. There are damn good accupuncturists in the Phillipines... they fixed my step-dad up real nice which was the main individual I referenced in the first sentence. The day I start feel'n like pain is slow'n me down too much I'll be seeing one in an instant, myself.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:One word.. "ACUPUNCTURE"... swear by it, Mite. I've seen men being told by a doctor they'd never work again and best settle into a sedintary life style and plan on getting used to a wheel chair and hospital bed at home, including eventual hospice care by the time they turned 60. Five visits to a accupuncturist (a good one, not some flybynight joker that took some career academy 6 month study course) those men were back to work and lived a long and mobile life. Serious... that stuff works miracles. And it's not that expensive, million times cheaper than the medical advice and pills the physicians sucker you into. Them Chinese invented it and mastered it over many generations well over 3,000 years ago. There are damn good accupuncturists in the Phillipines... they fixed my step-dad up real nice which was the main individual I referenced in the first sentence. The day I start feel'n like pain is slow'n me down too much I'll be seeing one in an instant, myself.
The Physiotherapist that I'm under mentioned acupuncture last week and I'll definitely be giving it a try

Mike