My molding bench

Our Molding Benches, This is Where the Work Happens.
mite5255

My molding bench

Post by mite5255 »

My bench was copied from Harry's, mines a concrete wash tub, Harrys looks like its a gal wash tub

When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Re: My molding bench

Post by Harry »

Thats a fine looking tub Mike, I cast some slats to go across mine, will have to post some pictures of them as they worked out pretty good. One thing I found is the less bounce you can make in the slats the better. I had originally used 3/8" x 1 1/2" concrete form stakes with two 1/2" square tubes welded on the back side for a support web. They were pretty stiff until some of the tack weld broke free then they had a lot of bounce in them that could show up in the mold if the pattern shifted while bouncing.

A good molding bench sure makes life much better though being able to stand straight while molding rather than kneeling on the ground. What do you figure that holds, 500 lbs?
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Re: My molding bench

Post by mite5255 »

Thanks Harry, I use two 3x1 1/2 timbers for support. I only use the bench for my smaller flasks, my largest flasks is 11 x 19 inch and its just way to heavy for me to lift and turn

When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)