furnace linning

All About Furnaces in this Forum.
blindpig

furnace linning

Post by blindpig »

Hey yaall,
Thinking about putting a hot face in my old kiln/furnace.Seems I'd like to consider melting some bronze and maybe iron. My clay lining has served well for over three years (with minor repair).Any suggestions?
Not on my front burner yet, but am doing a little advanced noodling....
No point in waiting till the last minute I reckon.
Don
Harry
Site Admin

Re: furnace linning

Post by Harry »

Should be able to trowel on a dense castable 1/2 to 3/4" thick and have it stay in place. Not sure if there would be any reactions between the two layers or if thermal expansion is close enough to keep them from destroying each other.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
blindpig

Post by blindpig »

Thanks Harry,guess I,ll be adding this to my to do list (also probably should learn to let up on the "Ns" a little on "lining" LOL see I did it OK on LOL "Ls",LOL).
Don
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can edit your post to fix the title when you notice something like that. I noticed it too but I am not so keen on worrying about spelling, some folks just dont spell too well and other just dont type too well but if they got something good to say that I want to learn then I will figure out what they mean ;)

BTW, I dont add an apostrophe on words with nt on the end of them and the spell checker is always complaining. I could add them to my personal dictionary but I figure if some day I decide to change my wicked ways I dont want to have to try and figure out which words to fix or get rid of from there.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller