Foundry redevelopment

All About Furnaces in this Forum.
mite5255

Foundry redevelopment

Post by mite5255 »

I've been doing a bit of redevelopment on my foundry, The youtude clip shows my new bundling that the council recommended that I install, my existing fuel tank, then my new burner system that I'm slowly building, then my furnace with the blow up castle blower( the blue lay flat hose join will be changed )plus I added today a electric speed controller on the blower that works a treat. Still waiting on the new burner nozzle and adapter to turn up

When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: Foundry redevelopment

Post by Jammer »

Pretty fancy set up. I like the spill protection although it kind of looks like over kill for a backyard.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Pretty fancy set up. I like the spill protection although it kind of looks like over kill for a backyard.
yes Jerry I think its $600.00 overkill, but it was a council recommendation, so I'm trying to keep people onside
dallen

Post by dallen »

let me know how the speed control works out Haven't looked but I think the motor on by blower is a cap start/run motor which don't like the voltage to vary, need to pull the cover off and take a peek inside see whats hiding inside it.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:let me know how the speed control works out Haven't looked but I think the motor on by blower is a cap start/run motor which don't like the voltage to vary, need to pull the cover off and take a peek inside see whats hiding inside it.

DA
Will do Dave
dallen

Post by dallen »

Thanks Mike, now if I can just figure out why the hell my burner doesn't want to suck oil. going to hook the pressurized tank back up to the burner tomorrow and try again, fired it today and in 20 minutes only burned about and inch of oil out of the tank.

DA

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I'm still having issues with my oil also, new nozzle arrived and its still not working properly, I have a bit of other things that I need to do today but hope to get some time today to have a play, will also need to get some sleep as I'm on nightshift for the next two nights
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:Thanks Mike, now if I can just figure out why the hell my burner doesn't want to suck oil. going to hook the pressurized tank back up to the burner tomorrow and try again, fired it today and in 20 minutes only burned about and inch of oil out of the tank.

DA
Dave I use a pressurized tank all the time, I normally run at about two bar
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Well, I keep singing the praises of the Lionel Brute and Hot Shot, but alas, to no avail; everyone seems to want to complicate things. Nozzles, pressure tanks, turbulators, pumps. Ayyyy! :D
dallen

Post by dallen »

Rasper wrote:Well, I keep singing the praises of the Lionel Brute and Hot Shot, but alas, to no avail; everyone seems to want to complicate things. Nozzles, pressure tanks, turbulators, pumps. Ayyyy! :D
we all build the burner that we think will do the best job for what we are trying to melt. real burner to me is one that has a 150 HP blower on it and sucks oil at a rate of about 15 GPM, and you guessed it they have the same damn problems burning waste oil. most of my problems stem from oil I got from my Neighbor.

nothing like showing up on a job to find that the 5000 gallons of oil in the tank won't burn without 1000 gallons of diesel being added to the tank, and having to figure out some way to stir up the tank to mix it in.

and I would watch out the burner gods may decide to stop smilling in Mexico :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: , and if I could buy coke here I'd have a cupola.

DA