Foundry redevelopment

All About Furnaces in this Forum.
mite5255

Re: Foundry redevelopment

Post by mite5255 »

New compressor works well, check the gauge on this clip and compare it with the clip on my last post
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

can we get some stills of the setup such as the business end inside the burner, and of the fuel tank you put together :D :D :D

did you melt anything of just run the burner to see it if was going to make enough heat?

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Will do Dave.
It was a show off run only :P wife's Brother and Wife were coming over for a visit, and he's no handy man, and has no hobby's. They live on 6th floor apartment building down on the Gold Coast over looking the Pacific Ocean http://www.visitgoldcoast.com/ He thinks what I'm doing is very dangerous but also says I'm very clever :D .They are a very nice couple. So when ever we know that they will be pulling in I try to have something happening. I haven't had time to test the burner with the new compressor, but seeing that they were dropping in on their way home I decided to give it a try and show it off and after about a 5 minute pre heat it worked well. I do have some casting to do in the next few days, I'll take some still then. I'm still using my old oil tank and haven't commissioned the tank that the burner is attached to

Mike
dallen

Post by dallen »

nothing like impressing the brother-in-law.

looks like in the video that you have the nozzle pipe just pushed in the furnace with no air tube, which I can see working if the nozzle is in the right position I the burner hole,

do you have a spray nozzle on the pipe or something else to make the oil spray?

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Dave I'm not using a burner nozzle, its just a straight length of 1/4 hydraulic tube, and it draws its own air just like Frank suggested here
F.C. wrote:Mike... try this experiment for self satisfaction... take your air nozzle (that blows the air) and hold it at waist height in front of you and depress the trigger... feel the "push back" from the air being exhausted. Now, take a 10" length of thin wall tubing and hold it in front of your air nozzle about 6" in front of the air nozzle tip then depress the trigger and feel the added push back effect. In a sense, it's a venturi. But know you can use less psi of air and gain greater volume of air thrust as a result. This way you can use lower psi so your compressor can keep up with the task and get adequate volume of air to supplement your furnace as desired. I would also recommend you get another tank to use as a bladder tank so your compressor won't have to work so hard to keep up the air demands for short run projects.
the pressure Gage on the air line tells me I have 60 psi and I run about 2 Bar pressure in my fuel tank
Air in through the top, oil out through the tube on the right coming from the middle of the tank, into the filters then the burner, This tank is my old one, and will finish the tank that the burner is mounted on one day, or when needed

Mike
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Got an industrial floor fan today just to try and appease my neighbors some more, luckily our son works for a auto parts store and he keeps me up to date on discontinued items and this fan was one of them, they originality had a price of $360.00 on the fan, it was discounted to $200.00 but with my sons discount it went down to $150.00 ....Also tried a bronze pour today with new burner, but it was very short pour, I was nowhere near hot enough