Propane parts material

The Heat is ON in Here.
dallen

Re: Propane parts material

Post by dallen »

thats the way I would go, quick fast and lots of flex between the bottles. with the hose you could pick up both bottles carry them outside without unhooking them, and without breaking a copper line.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Of course I'm in Mexico, but down here we go to the hardware store and buy a tank: 20, 30, or 40; that's kilos I guess. Then you call the gas man and the truck comes. I give him the empty tank and he gives me a full one. I have two 20's right now and plan to buy a third. I like 20's for the ease of handling. They cost about $60.00 US for the tank. Twenty kilos of gas costs 203 pesos, which is about $16.00 US.

Of course we don't have many rules down here. Like America was back when it was the land of the free.

Richard
HT1

Post by HT1 »

If you are paying $16 for a 20 Kilo cylinder I'm going on a road trip, but I suspect that is a 20LB just like we have. and $16 is a good price, I'm paying $18
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

couldnt get any better than $28 for that price I wouldnt bother making my own I would buy it!
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

If you use the tub of water, you have to watch it. I did mine that way and it works great but, when the tank got low it started to float and flipped over. Almost submerged the regulator in the water, I think that could have damaged it. Now I kind of hang the tank from the collar so it can't flip over.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Noted for future reference, thanks.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

Jammer wrote:If you use the tub of water, you have to watch it. I did mine that way and it works great but, when the tank got low it started to float and flipped over. Almost submerged the regulator in the water, I think that could have damaged it. Now I kind of hang the tank from the collar so it can't flip over.

I just cannot bring myself to have water anywhere in the vescinity of my furnace. many years ago while pouring babbit bearings, I got water in the babbit pot, it exploded, 300Lbs of Babbit completely coated the ceiling. I got away without a scratch, but I dont press my luck
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

I can understand that, I like keep my propane tank WELL away from my furnace and to that end, I've got almost 20 feet hose on my regulator so, keeping the water and hot metal separate isn't much of an issue at least for me.
dallen

Post by dallen »

Jammer wrote: Almost submerged the regulator in the water, I think that could have damaged it. Now I kind of hang the tank from the collar so it can't flip over.
what type regulator you got Jammer, the good ones you can take apart and service them, may have some trash under the diaphragm. mines a Fisher but Rego also makes good propane regulators that are repairable.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette