Siphon atomizer - w3no Mini

The Heat is ON in Here.
Harry
Site Admin

Siphon atomizer - w3no Mini

Post by Harry »

From the w3nO line of burners comes the latest addition, The W3nO Mini...

Note the paper is 1/8th inch scale.

After a nice burn in run with almost constant monitoring of temps I am pleased with this burner but not the turbine. I could not get enough air into the furnace to really bring on the oil so after about an hour I shut it down at 1800F.

I am going to open up the turbine and set up my fan better as it is currently just pointing at the tuyre. This will let me ramp the oil and blower air and what the turbine was adding was impressive, the swirl was very pronounced.

Here is a few more shots of the burner. I will add action shots when I get the turbine sorted.

Connection is made by pushing on 1/4 inch clear tubing for oil and air lines.

The parts are all press fit by hand and they all stayed together up to 50 psi.

The body of the burner is 5/8ths round stock and 7/8ths inch long, the small round I had was 3/8ths so I just turned it down for the smaller parts.

The best I got was 30" wc trying various bodies and and oil feeds. I am going to try a few more ideas if I get around to it to try and pull a better siphon but it really isnt that important because I can push the oil from the tank, the important part is the atomization and this does fine even at low pressure.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller