syphon burner I been working on

The Heat is ON in Here.
dallen

Re: syphon burner I been working on

Post by dallen »

The burner that I posted about a couple weeks ago that I was building for a guy in Tulsa, heres the results of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQXJLi82wkI

hope to put it on oil next weekend once the top of the furnace is completed.

furnace construction is fiber 8 LB/foot and 2600 degree fire brick, furnace heats up like really fast, as you can see from the video the furnace is made for a lot larger crucible then an A10, with the larger crucible in it there will be a lot better use of the heat and with a top that has a lot smaller exhaust opening then just covering half of the top with some fiber.

really nice furnace.

David
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That's the Guy who builds subs, I've been looking at his site a few times. I like some of the stuff he does. I used to do a lot of diving and even built a sub once many years ago. It was a wet sub and didn't work very well, always wanted to rebuild it and fix some of the problems, many it was way too long. It was fun but I was young and stupid. I don't even know where it is now.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

he's not building a sub now this is for on the water not under it.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Great looking burner David, wish mine looked half as nice but I sure cant complain about how it works. Been really putting it through its paces this last week and loving every minute of the dual fuel setup, tunes so easily and burns so clean. Before I would sometimes get an oily taste in my nose/mouth but have not had that since adding the propane. Amazes me at how big of an improvement it makes for so little propane used.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller