Delevan Nozzle Questions

The Heat is ON in Here.
Jelly

Delevan Nozzle Questions

Post by Jelly »

Ok, I need some advice. Sorry if this is jumbled I hope you all can make sense of my rambling.

I bought a thomas twin wobl piston pump, it has some kind of "regulator" keeping it at around 20psi on the pressure side, i'm cool with that. I built a Kiwky burner, and while i could get it to light, It was nowhere near the performance of my old siphon nozzle i had. (Never heated anything up enough to burn clean) I'm thinking about getting a Delevan SNA nozzle, as I hear they require very little compressed air, if thats the case I could use the Thomas pump to power it with no problem. I don't mind having a 0-20psi range at all.

My question, the pump says 3cfm. The data sheets for the nozzle all say under 1cfm, I am using a heated coffee pot as my oil canister, and it hold about 1.5 gallons. If I keep it elevated so gravity helps, can I go with the .5gph or .65gph nozzle? Pressurized fuel tank is something I would be willing to do in the future, but I want to get going now.

TLDR: What nozzle should I go with considering I have 0-20psi, 3cfm capacity.

http://www.patriot-supply.com/products/ ... cfm/157592 is what I'm thinking about getting.

Harry uses a .20 gph nozzle IIRC, but he's also pushing oil to his instead of siphoning.

IF i could just get a damn burner that will stay hot and clean burning, I could start worrying about actually casting something.
mite5255

Re: Delevan Nozzle Questions

Post by mite5255 »

Shadowfangs wrote:Ok, I need some advice. Sorry if this is jumbled I hope you all can make sense of my rambling.

I bought a thomas twin wobl piston pump, it has some kind of "regulator" keeping it at around 20psi on the pressure side, i'm cool with that. I built a Kiwky burner, and while i could get it to light, It was nowhere near the performance of my old siphon nozzle i had. (Never heated anything up enough to burn clean) I'm thinking about getting a Delevan SNA nozzle, as I hear they require very little compressed air, if thats the case I could use the Thomas pump to power it with no problem. I don't mind having a 0-20psi range at all.

My question, the pump says 3cfm. The data sheets for the nozzle all say under 1cfm, I am using a heated coffee pot as my oil canister, and it hold about 1.5 gallons. If I keep it elevated so gravity helps, can I go with the .5gph or .65gph nozzle? Pressurized fuel tank is something I would be willing to do in the future, but I want to get going now.

TLDR: What nozzle should I go with considering I have 0-20psi, 3cfm capacity.

http://www.patriot-supply.com/products/ ... cfm/157592 is what I'm thinking about getting.

Harry uses a .20 gph nozzle IIRC, but he's also pushing oil to his instead of siphoning

IF i could just get a damn burner that will stay hot and clean burning, I could start worrying about actually casting something.

Hi Shadow, Sorry I'm no help for your pump issue, but what I did was I got and old compressor tank

ts an old compressor tank with remote filter brackets on top to filter the oil
To pick up the oil I removed the bung from the end, drilled it to size and welded in a piece of hydraulic oil tube which I had ran a tread on each end to suite the fittings, one fitting has a 45 deg elbow to put the tube near the bottom to pick up the oil

You can see the quick release air fitting, I removed it and put a regulator in and thats were I pressurize the tank, the bung on the right was removed and a ball valve was added to release pressure

Here's my burner with a delevan siphon burner,I used this siphon nozzle http://www.patriot-supply.com/products/ ... AN_30609_1 I use propane to start( open end tube) then switch to oil , I use to run a vacuum cleaner on the T piece but as soon as the weather clears here I'll change it to run off my compressor. The burner is a poor copy of one that Dallan built, Daves is a lot neater then mine
Apologizes if all of the above Isn't clear
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)