Tips for using the forum

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Tips for using the forum

Post by Harry »

CTRL+C = Copy
CTRL+V = Paste

Posting Links

To make text into a link just copy the URL from the page in another tab of the browser (the address in the top of the browser) then highlight the text in your post you want to be the link by holding down the right mouse button and dragging over it. Now click the URL button at the top of the message posting box. All that needs to be done now is add an = and your link after the url inside of the brackets. It will look like this

this is a text link

I mentioned the keyboard copy and paste shortcuts because I find it very easy to enter the = then ctrl+v after clicking between the l in url and the ] right bracket.

Posting images

Post an image from another website. This is a pretty cool trick I found out about recently by simply trying it and it worked. Right click on an image on another website and then click on copy link location. Now go to the upload attachment tab below the posting box like you would be posting an image from your computer. Click the browse button but instead of browsing for an image click in the File Name box next to the Open button then hit ctrl+v to paste the link to the image in then click the Open button. The window will gray out and it might take a few seconds then it will go away leaving you ready to send the image to your post. Click the add file button and it will upload it to the forum.

Placing Images Inline

Place the image inline by clicking the place inline button. It will insert a couple of img tags with the name of the image between them. You can cut and paste or use the enter key to add lines above it or below it. This way you can write some, place a picture, write some more ext...
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Tips for using the forum

Post by Harry »

This is just a few things I thought might help people in putting posts together. I will add more as I think of them and if you guys have your own favorite tips please share them and we will have a nice little primer for using the forum here for folks who are new to this.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
castaway

Post by castaway »

Well, I have given up posting here since everytime I do it goes to the moderator for oversight review first. I posted an answer to a question on CO2 core making on the 13 th of April and it never got posted, maybe it was found to be out of line and I'm just being blocked? So goodbye and good luck. Bob

I used to spend my time to save money but now I'm willing to spend my money to save time.
dallen

Post by dallen »

might be because Harry hasn't been around apparently
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Its been awhile since he's been on

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

It can be a worry when a family member goes missing and they don't call in

Mike
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Since when have any of our posts gone to a moderator? I've never experienced that, have anyone else?
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Mine never have

Mike
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sorry about that Bob, I dont know why that has happened and it doesnt happen across the whole forum. The permissions system for the software can be a little confusing at times. I will look at it again and see if I can figure out whats up.

Yes I have been absent, life and all you know.

Edit, I think I may have figured out what the problem was. Seems a few people were stuck in a newly registered group.
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have sent BobS and email with my apologies and hope he will consider visiting here again. He is a great guy who knows how and cares about sharing his knowledge.
Muller