Image viewing only for logged in?

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Image viewing only for logged in?

Post by Harry »

Heimo wrote:also as to the topic at hand, I don't like it when I am searching for information on the internet, come across a forum and then I am unable to view any of the attached pictures that is quite aggravating, also I doubt I will join forums with settings like that, simply because if I can't see any of the pictures I quickly lose interest and move on to the next site, while if I can see a picture, that immediately sparks my interest and motivates me to read on....
I am the same way and was curious as to thoughts of others on this because I can often be a little different than the norm so it is good to hear from you folks that this is the preferred way to keep the forum. I feel it is important that the forum be run in such a way that it suits the contributors wants and needs from that forum. After all it is you folks who in large part who are building this forum, I have never fallen for the ole 'the founder hung up the shingle so they have every right to run it however they want'. Yes it is true I or any other person who sets up a forum has taken on some degree of responsibility and made an investment into the forum but the forum itself is the content provided by the members.

Using the preview button is good advice. I find it much easier to spot errors the spell checker does not catch reading the preview and it is nice to see how a message will be formatted if images or text decorations are being used.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
dallen

Post by dallen »

I guess I will be writing all my post in word then doing the copy and paste routine, I just lost another sorry lengthy reply to what we have been talking about.

David
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I will take a closer look at the mod for this David and see what it looks like. It will be a week or so before I have that kind of time to spend messing with the forum though as I have a full plate right now.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
dallen

Post by dallen »

thanks, I understand the full plate part, I had to get a bigger fork myself, now this damn leg hurts all the time like someones kicking this old dog when hes down.
I don't understand what its doing I was just sitting there almost ready to hit the apply button and bam like right across the old brain pan and vanished, quicker than you can blink.
David.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

If it went away before you hit the submit button then it is definitely in your computer rather than in the phpbb scripts. I dont think anything I do as far as mods will help any in this case. Have you tried using a different browser? May you need to reinstall the one you use.
Muller
wikisi

Post by wikisi »

Harry wrote:
Heimo wrote:also as to the topic at hand, I don't like it when I am searching for information on the internet, come across a forum and then I am unable to view any of the attached pictures that is quite aggravating, also I doubt I will join forums with settings like that, simply because if I can't see any of the pictures I quickly lose interest and move on to the next site, while if I can see a picture, that immediately sparks my interest and motivates me to read on....
I am the same way
Me too ;)
_FL_

Post by _FL_ »

wikisi wrote:
Harry wrote:
I am the same way
Me too ;)
Me too. It seems to depend on the author. Today I saw a post from "nali". He did it all right. O.k. he´s one of the old guys! ;)

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”