Retired

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
HT1

Re: Retired

Post by HT1 »

dallen wrote:Good looking pattern, what do you use for the boards. when I was in school which was back when Christ was Private and we would make a plaque or something similar we usually use walnut for the board is we wanted something lighter in color it was mahogany.

that plaque pattern are you using a silicon pattern so that you don't loose the detail?

Silicone is for Kids. Aluminum! Short of dragging it on concrete, it will outlive me!

I use whatever I can get reasonably priced, and tell the customer the difference. A board foot of Walnut is $14-20 I like walnut, not only for the looks, but it is easy to work with
My standard is Maple stained walnut brown. it is $4-8 a board foot.

I recycle wod when I can get it, I got some real nice Mahogany, but it is for special items, or patterns

The one you are looking at is a piece of recycled furnature. it appears to be a pine board with a really nice finish. I generally just rub everything with danish oil, then wax it with a piece of steel wool a couple of times, it has almost no dry time, big deal in the FL humidity. and it makes it really easy for the customer. they can just wipe the whole plaque with floor wax, or furnature polish, protects the metal and the wood both
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Congradulations on your retirement.

Thank You for Your Service!! :!:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Jammer wrote:Congradulations on your retirement.

Thank You for Your Service!! :!:
+1 on that, best wishes for everything to work out well for you.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller