Retired

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
HT1

Retired

Post by HT1 »

Today was my Last day in The Navy, Twenty Years of service, Now All I have to do is make enough Money casting that I only have one ☼hole to work for Myself

HT1
Nudge

Re: Retired

Post by Nudge »

Sweet :)
I hope you have a lot of casting jobs lined up (or other projects)

Congrats good luck
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
dallen

Post by dallen »

HT, I want to be one of the first to congratulate you on your twenty years of service, I only got 14 in 6 active and 8 in the NG before a change in my job changed things.

any way happy retirement, as Nudge says I hope you have lots of casting lined up, price of burner fuel just keeps going up.

you gonna cast your own retirement plaque?

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
castaway

Post by castaway »

Retired after 31 years as an auto and metals instructor. I had started casting as a hobby before I retired and had most of my ducks in a row and ready to give it a run as a small business the day after I retired. I make way more money casting and machining then I ever did teaching. This is a lost art today and with the right contacts you can ask just anything you want price wise. :shock: Just need to find areas that will fetch good prices and you already know something about. I have found antique boats and outboard motors , cars and fire trucks good areas for me to cast parts for. I know these areas and can talk with customers on parts they want cast and can relay to them the confidence that I know what I'm doing and what they want me to cast. You don't have to advertise by just word of mouth they will find you in no time. So have a great retirement or as I often say "I'm not retired just a switch in jobs". :lol: Bob.

I used to spend my time to save money but now I'm willing to spend my money to save time.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Best of luck HTI on the next phase of your life

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
HT1

Post by HT1 »

dallen wrote:HT, I want to be one of the first to congratulate you on your twenty years of service, I only got 14 in 6 active and 8 in the NG before a change in my job changed things.

any way happy retirement, as Nudge says I hope you have lots of casting lined up, price of burner fuel just keeps going up.

you gonna cast your own retirement plaque?

DA

retirement Plaque :D
dallen

Post by dallen »

nice you carve the pattern?

HT1

Post by HT1 »

That is a traditional pattern, Some unknown Navy patternmaker made it God knows when. I was casting those in 1987, and I know it is at least 20 years older then that. My first CHief, was a twenty+ year man, and he was making them when he was a Recruit, so it goes back at least to the 50's, probably a great deal farther. at least the design, I hope my pattern is not that old
dallen

Post by dallen »

Good looking pattern, what do you use for the boards. when I was in school which was back when Christ was Private and we would make a plaque or something similar we usually use walnut for the board is we wanted something lighter in color it was mahogany.

that plaque pattern are you using a silicon pattern so that you don't loose the detail?

castaway

Post by castaway »

I got this note for my years of service. Bob

I used to spend my time to save money but now I'm willing to spend my money to save time.