Happy Holidays

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Happy Holidays

Post by Harry »

Happy Thanksgiving to my US brothers and sisters. Heres hoping for a great day however you celebrate it.

I am cooking a rib roast and the brother in law is bringing a turkey so I plan to be quite miserable by early afternoon :) This is also the 20th Anniversary for the Wife and I so it is a double special day for us.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
F.C.

Re: Happy Holidays

Post by F.C. »

20 years... wow, that's nice Harry. Been 29 for me and my Mrs. Says a lot about your relationship with that gal. Ya both got to have a strong constitution and a forgiving heart to be at peace with one another that long. We all screw up... it's our nature... getting over it doesn't necessarily apply to all humanity... it's what we do when we truly care about our relationships with one another.

Thanksgiving here in the North is a c-c-c-c-c-cooooold one this year. Temps well below zero, ice and snowdrifts everywhere, trees encrusted with gobs of horefrost and powdered snow. I must say it's drop dead gorgeous, though. For me and the Mrs., though, it's not about family time this year, it's about friends... those we've known for 20 years plus. They're all we have left up here nowdays. All our boys are gone and make'n their lives elsewhere... took grandkids with 'em. Sad in a way. But heart warming in that I know we raised 'em right to be independant and fearless at striking out and make'n a life for themselves anywhere they choose.

This year, aside from our friends, my biggest thanks is about FINALLY have'n my shop completed.... well.... 'cept for build'n shelves, work benches, and getting my foundry set back up. At least the shop, itself, is now finished, wired, insulated, drywalled, lighted, heated and wonderfully spacious! Took every spare dime we had to do it but it's DONE. Savings can now begin again. Great timing, too... got a nice bonus (for outstanding performance) and a hefty raise in hourly pay to boot to show appreciation for what I brought to the company in attitude and drive. It's been a rough past year, indeed, but it sure turned out for the better. Just had to stay focused and determined to weather through it.

As for our boys... one will be home this Christmas holiday for a couple weeks... he's currently at Ft. Benning GA. As soon as his leave is over he'll be going back and will either get deployed to the mid east somewhere or Africa. Not a happy thought... in either case... but something I can totaly relate to and respect.

On a final note, I gotta say it's nice this group of folks on here who equally share similar intrests with me I can turn to and communicate with now and then. Like moths to a flame, we are. A "PAX EM'MEMORIUM"..

CHeers, and happy thanksgiving to my foundry rat compadre's!!
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Congradulations Harry, my wife and I just hit 16 years a couple days ago.

Happy Turkey day...Go Packers!
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Congratulations Harry and all the best to you and your wife, it will be 37 years for me and the wife next year

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Happy anniversary to you , Harry. Happy turkey day to the rest..

Just want to add thanks to all of you guys for tolerating my casting questions as I don't see myself doing it anytime soon, but you guys haven't kicked me out inspite of that....
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I remember some time back you had mentioned you are approaching 40 Mike, that is really something. My wife let me know last night that we celebrated our 20th last year :oops: So yesterday was 21 :mrgreen:
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Harry wrote: So yesterday was 21 :mrgreen:
I guess that means you've become an adult in marriage terms :lol:

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

I hope you lot had a good thanks giving day :)

Happy 21 Harry! :P

I have a little way to go, next year will be my 15th! I got married when I was 21 and was told it wouldnt last :? I guess I will have to wait another 15 to 30 years to see if wont last! :D
I have 2 kids and a loving wife, I plan on sticking with them till the day I die. :P
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Yeah, my in-laws said the same thing... "it won't last". I was much older than my wife (by only 7 years, really) but to them they had it in their minds I was only use'n her for sex and would dump her once I got tired of her. I had also been married before so they felt i was a womanizer but had no idea what my life with my ex was like so, really, their stereotyping me like that was uncalled for. The only one of her family that really saw the true me was her grandmother whom I dearly loved. I miss her, God rest her soul. And in the long run, both my wife's parents got divorced after their 25th anniversary. I think they were just bittered over their own lives and felt that everyone had to have as much hate and discontent in their marriages and just wouldn't admit to it. It ain't been all rosey during the past 29 years but divorce has never been in our vocabulary towards one another. We work things out like best pals do. I've always had her back and she's always had mine. Add the awesome sex and it's no wonder why we stick together like peas in a pod. I sincerily hope y'all's marriages are equally as bonded and enjoyable between ya both. I think I'd give up on life if anything ever happened to her.