Harry! Where are you??

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
F.C.

Harry! Where are you??

Post by F.C. »

BTW... WTF "has" happened to Harry? Is he dead or what?
Jammer

OK... I'm officially bored. Gotta do something creative

Post by Jammer »

I think he was busy making some CNC parts or whole machines. He hasn't logged on here for over a year, I'm just concerned the site will stop working and we'll lose some great info.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Re: OK... I'm officially bored. Gotta do something creative

Post by dallen »

wonder if there is a way that I could save/download the thread I have on my shaper, I put a lot of work into the damn thing and this is the only place that I have a record of the build from start to finish, the other site I post on the build is in bits and pieces.

you do think that if Harry is around that he would stick his head in the door every now and then and say hi.

same goes with the guy that was making the moped parts, he was doing some really nice work.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

On Harry's web site http://castcnc.com/ there is a phone number, if we have a member that nearby maybe they could give him a call

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

This is a post from Harry's Castcnc forum http://www.castcnc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I just sent Harry an email asking how he's going, his reply is below

Damn Mike, things blew up on me. How have you been?

We started an eCig accessories business that lit on fire. We just got our incorporation done as of 10/01 and have been racing each month to keep up with the growth of the previous month. We actually export our products around the globe notably including to China. My foundry became a warehouse and I had to quit selling the CastCNC kits because I had no time or space for it. I still get loads of interest for that and hope to have things in order soon to fire back up the foundry for at least a day or two a week. Plus I have a lot of ideas that would benefit from the foundry for the new business.

Health and home are great. We have been travelling around some for trade events for the new business where we have time, the rest of it is just work while wake.

Are folks still posting on FoundDreaming? Man it has been so long since I even looked over there. I did post a little on the CastCNC forum recently but sadly I haven’t even had time to keep up there. Hoping that if we just keep driving this thing it will get to the point where it can sustain itself without so much hands on of our own part and we will be able to look more into the things we love to do with the wherewithal to do them.

Will try and stop by the forum from time to time and say hi. I very much miss that time spent learning and exchanging ideas with you guys, such a creative bunch with diverse skills. I have been a part of a lot of forums and the Foundry and the CastCNC have by far been the most engaging. Believe me when I say one day I will be back one way or another, you know the where your heart is part… you always get lead back there.

Funny how life takes us on these turns where you think you are going one way then a whole new world opens in another direction that you never expected it to come from. After 37 years of smoking we found this and it was such a great thing to us we felt we needed to share it with others and now find ourselves building a company with potential beyond anything we have ever thought we would be a part of.

Glad to hear the forum is still going and rest assured it will not go anywhere. I believe I set up a couple folks with powers for the forum if anything needs to be done don’t hesitate to let me know.

Regards,

Harry Gibson

IBTanked, Inc.
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Just spoke with Harry... this site ain't goin nowhere, in terms of getting deleted. Harry's doin great. Make'n bucks like a metal caster should. He's an inspiration to us all. Told him about cut'n into one of his threads and he laughed... appologized for not stay'n more in contact. But all's well with regard to this site. Hang in there, guys..... this place could grow, especially with input from each and every one of us... particularly with any input geared toward improve'n our own abilities. Y'all know it's all about our own desire, our own ability to move forward with what we know how to do. Harry's make'n his way in a GOOD WAY, and doin very well with what he's locked into. Follow his example, grow in understanding what it is to cast metal and strive to do as well on our own. Harry's an inspiration for us all. I'm guaranteed to follow suit.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Yep Frank I just email him and posted his reply above, sure looks like he's going great, and as you say Frank he's a real inspiration

Mike
Jammer

Re: Harry! Where are you??

Post by Jammer »

Harry has been found, Alive! Split this thread so Frank can keep us up on his ring casting. Missed Harry's Birthday in September, so happy late B-day wishes. Glad everything is going so well for you.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Harry! Where are you??

Post by Harry »

Haha... man life has taken some turns. Spent the last 5 months recovering over tearing everything with a CL in my right knee, two of them had to be replaced usin some parts from others + 7 screws.

Starting to walk now, kinda.

Was building 2 30 x 60 greenhouses when I came off a ladder last Oct, our business went out as fast as it went up so we have been returning to home somewhat. I am working on getting our property to the point where it can do a lot of the providing for us and the Wife went back to her old job which she hates but is willing to do for now.

Once I get to moving better going to get the foundry running again, have some great ideas I want to work on and will probably do something with castcnc too as I still get requests for kits on that all the time. Been close to 4 years I think since I have fired the furnace, used oil dont spoil though so I think I am ok there.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller