Site Complaints

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Jammer

Site Complaints

Post by Jammer »

Has anyone been having problems on here? A couple days ago I couldn't get on with out doing several things. Deleted cookies, reboot, etc. still couldn't get on. Then it started working.
On the admin section it says the site has not been updated, but it won't let me do it. I'll try to get a hold of Harry again to see if he can.
I'm concerned about the life of this site, I really enjoy our little group, but is it sustainable? I don't know what the costs are to keep the site open, if there is any. I think Harry has it connected to his personal network thing. He was offering personal websites at one time.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
F.C.

Re: Site Complaints

Post by F.C. »

I've had no complaints. Rare occasion my laptop won't connect to a couple sites I frequent. Most of the time I figure it's due to slow internet or my laptop being do old. Like facebook... sometimes it takes a few minutes to scroll down to see posts or open posts to read more. After a bit, everything speeds back up. I have no clue why... I.T. ain't my thang. It's been status quo like this, now, for a couple years. Kinda gotten a smidge worse since I moved here to Washington. Figured it's probably due to the lack of decent technology around here, as well the lack of education of the folks runn'n the internet service. Ya learn to get used to what ya got. Get these idiots around here to look into something shit gets shut down and it takes a while for them to get someone to come help get it back up and running.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I had a few issues the other day when Found Dreaming would not even download on my computer or my Iphone, it was like that four a few hour then it was all good, no issues since. I think we need a back up system just in case it does all go south, even if someone sets up a found dreaming face book page. I think most of us are still members on AA so if we do lose contact we could pm each other there to set something else up if needed

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I have never had any problems.

It would be a good thing if we had a forum owner who was interested and participating in the forum. Harry used to be active here.

Are you a full administrator Jerry?

R
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Yea, I guess I have the con! Might not be Full Administrator but I am an administrator. It seems I can change a lot of things, kind of figuring it out as I go. The site won't let me run the upgrade.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Yea, I guess I have the con! Might not be Full Administrator but I am an administrator. It seems I can change a lot of things, kind of figuring it out as I go. The site won't let me run the upgrade.
I'm sure if there are any issues Harry would, if contacted, do what he could to rectify them

Mike
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

The site won't let me run the upgrade
Maybe the upgrade has a cost. If it's reasonable we could chip in and pay it.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I sent Harry an e-mail, I hope it doesn't come back as dead. We'll see what he says.
I asked him if the site was going to satay around, can it be updated, and is there any cost involved? Told him we missed him and wished him a merry Christmas.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rasper wrote:
The site won't let me run the upgrade
Maybe the upgrade has a cost. If it's reasonable we could chip in and pay it.

Richard
count me in
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I haven't got a response. I'll try to find another way to contact him. I had his address when I sent him the Mahogany but I don't know if I still have it.