Well it aint pretty

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Well it aint pretty

Post by Harry »

But its home, and it looks like it is still all here.

Under the hood it is runnin on the latest bones so at least building from here is gonna work out better in the long haul. I will try and get a new style together to make it look better soon. Unfortunately the new board software is not compatible with the old themes but all that is the least of it as I was unsure how all of this was gonna turn out and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the old posts still here once I was able to log in again.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Re: Well it aint pretty

Post by mite5255 »

I agree, not pretty but it works, and that's the main thing.
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Where am I, I think I took a wrong turn. :D
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Works is important but that is the one thing you can always work towards. The database is the main thing. You know how to back it up Jammer? If you need help let me know.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

No Harry, I haven't got a clue.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I found the back-up section in the maintenance area. Not sure what to do with it. Where will it save the back up? I don't know if I would have enough space to hold it.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I have to say it sure is a pleasure to have you back online W3. You have been missed.

Richard
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hey Richard, thanks for the sentiment. I have missed this place and the foundry, time to get back into both of them. Saw some of the stuff you have been posting, man you do some amazing work. Still so much to catch up on here just to have an inkling of what you guys have all been up to, it sure is some interesting reading though to say the least.

Jammer, all you need to do is click the select all to choose all of the tables. the other settings should be fine as they are. By default it stores the backup here on the server.

Currently the database is only around 17MB so not sure what you have computerwise but it wouldnt take up much room on any modern hard drive. Depending on what kind of connection you have it might take a little while to download. If you want to download it locally for an offsite backup you have to change that one setting, of course once you download a new backup you can delete the old one.
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

OK Harry
:)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I backed it up on your site and downloaded it to my computer. Should be good. My 250G external memory crapped out on me. So much for having everything stored safely. I'm going to get another one soon. Haven't heard from the guy that is trying to retrieve my data.