Well i'll be dipped... It worked

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Well i'll be dipped... It worked

Post by Harry »

First of sorry guys, the site got wiped along with a couple of other sites I had and I have had one hell of a time figuring out how to install the forum and get it to look at the existing database. It looks like the posts are there.

Unfortunately I dont think the images will be, they go into a files folder and like I said everything on the domain was deleted by someone who hacked the outdated forum. I will keep looking to see if I have an old backup that will at least bring back images up to the date of that backup but so far havent had much luck on that front.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Well i'll be dipped... It worked

Post by Harry »

HOLY CRAP!!! just saw pictures in a couple of posts, maybe they are stored in the database.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I see some threads the images are gone and others they are there. I am sure it has to do with how the pictures were attached to the post.

Davids Shaper has pics in it so I am sure he will be thrilled about that.

I also saw pictures in a couple of Richards threads.

My apologies up front to anyone who has lost images and I will certainly be trying to find them.
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Hey Harry, Looks good to me, just glad it's working again. I've tried to link everything through photobucket, but I've been having a lot of trouble with it. They have so many ads on there I can't get to my pictures. I don't want to pay the fee to block ads.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

We waited patiently. Well, sort of patiently. Welcome back.

Richard
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have found one cache of images but they are dated back to 2011 and there is only about 50 of them. Will be getting them in soon. Pretty sure I had a site backup somewhere but I think it may have been in the sites folder on the server and whoever did the damage deleted everything in both FoundDreaming and CastCNC folders.

Shocked me when the last attempt at getting this back up worked. I started working on this about a week ago and kept hitting dead ends. Issue was trying to install the new forum but have it pointed at the existing database. Finally found the correct way to hold my mouth while clicking buttons. It worked but still had errors because the database was from a dated version of the forum... one more trip through the phpBB forums to find out how to update the database and bam it was all there sans the images.

I have most all of my images, just need to figure out which pictures go where to get the replaced so thats gonna take some time.
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

We're back, thats just sooooo cool :) :) :) :) :) , thank to Harry and Jerry :) :) :) :)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

I should be able to replace the missing photos from my shaper thread, its just a matter of digging them out of the harddrives where they are stored. all of the photos that I linked from photobucket to here should still be showing.

good to hear that your back Harry, and stay the hell off of ladders the damn things were designed to kill people.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:57 pm
I should be able to replace the missing photos from my shaper thread, its just a matter of digging them out of the harddrives where they are stored. all of the photos that I linked from photobucket to here should still be showing.

good to hear that your back Harry, and stay the hell off of ladders the damn things were designed to kill people.
I didn't hear about anyone being up on a ladder ;)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Now we'll all have to start doing something so we can get back to posting. I've just been going through some of the older posts. I put a few pictures back on, still hoping Harry can find them.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)