We're back

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Jammer

Re: We're back

Post by Jammer »

That looks great Frank, very nice detail. You could put this in your studio album or I could move it if you want me to.

I guess we are not moving for a while. Our buyer had a heart attack and died. So, I guess we'll start over in the spring.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

WOW Frank, they look great :) :) .Your move is proving to be very problematic Jerry :o
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

WOW!! The silence on this forum is remarkable. Isn't anyone casting?
The silence seems to extend across the board. All of the forums I play in (metal working of various sorts) are a shadow of their former selves. People don't seem to be casting much anywhere. Or beating metal into custom cars, or polishing metal either.

One thing I notice is that the old guys who cast metal get tired of the new guys who ask a bunch of stupid questions instead of using basic "search", and then don't ever cast anything.

I have a number of things in wax and in clay that I will be moving on as soon as the rainy season ends. (Usually right about now.)

Richard
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

I've had glitches in selling this place, too, Jerry. First buyer we negotiated back and forth for a few weeks, then when we settled on price he went to the bank and didn't qualify. Second batter up came along rather quickly. I gave them the price I was willing to sell to the first guy, he tried to negotiate a lower offer, instead, I raised mine. He relented and accepted. Next day my realtor said there was a problem... his realtor told him there was issue with my property in that I'm going through a divorce and there could be a problem with my ex trying to extract more out of the sale (seeing as how the property was offered for more money than I paid for it initially) thereby she would want more of that equity due the higher price. First off... my divorce was final last April. It stated in the divorce all she wanted was 17K, roughly 25% of the tax appraised value and that I had to pay that to her if and when the property sold at closing. That divorce was final and signed by a judge. I had since forced her to sign a quit claim deed removing her off title so I could sell this place without issue or having her involved. She did. That QCD is recorded and final. I am the sole owner of this property. Therefore, that guy's realtor caused that buyer to distrust the sale and opt out. I called my realtor and suggested I might sue the shit out of that buyer's realtor for stirring shit in this sale that was untrue. My realtor, then, contacted the buyer's realtor, relayed my sentiments, that realtor said he wasn't going to recant anything. Shortly afterward, the buyer contacted my realtor ask'n if what he was told was true. My realtor said no and assured him my title is without encumbrance. That buyer fired his realtor and got another then requested we re-negotiate. We did... I told him the price remained the same and not a dollar less. He went to the bank and got a new approval for the higher amount and came by and apologized to me for that screwup. He and his wife really want this place as he's seen no other that was acceptable to what they desired in a home at my price. So.... today was the inspection... that went great. Next will be the appraisal. I have no doubt that, too, will be as good as the first. Now we wait......... again......... meanwhile, look for where else I can move my shit into. I got till November 30 to vacate.

Ain't life a hoot..... :-(

Frank
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

No Frank, it is not a hoot.
How are you going to move the life sized bear?
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hope it all works out for you both, your both getting to old to be dealing with this shit all the time.
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

I was being sarcastic, Jerry... LOL... As for the bear, that's still up in the air as to what I'll do with it. Will depend on what's available to move into whether or not it'll be feasible to get set back up to finish it. I won't give up on it till it becomes painfully obvious I need to let go and downsize my desires and expectations with regard to making art. And yes, Mike... I agree... I'm too old to be dealing with such shit all the time. Recent physical result clearly shows my blood pressure is at a level of concern for stroke. Topping that, I got notification yesterday by email I wasn't selected as one of the finalists for that percent for art commission. That bear didn't make the cut. So... what to do now I have no clue. Might cannibalize its anatomy and use the materials to do smaller versions of it and sell them in local galleries... just a thought, at least. But it seems as of yesterday this house will sell within a couple weeks. Right now I need to focus on getting packed and ready to move... AGAIN!! :-(
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Well... the house I put an offer on didn't pass inspection. I did the inspection, myself, because from what I've seen other inspectors do (more like fail to do), I felt it in my best interest to do the inspection because I fully understand and know what it is I'm looking for with regard to a home's reliability. Sure as shit.... after inspecting the roof (great shape), interior (also great shape), I poked my head into the crawlspace entrance outside the home. Cobwebs galore... and this is black widow country. From the entrance the crawlspace looked dry and normal w/exception of the cobwebs. Any inspector I've ever seen would sign off on it from that view only. Myself, I donned a TYVEK suit and slithered in, low crawling through all those webs, looking up, left, then right, which once my eyesight got adjusted to the low light I spotted a huge sagging of insulation below the master bathroom... roughly 12 ft. diameter. I crawled closer to where it was sagging and put my hand against it and pushed up. FULL OF WATER!! The insulation has a thick rubberized outer membrane which acted like a bladder retaining close to a 1000 gallons of water. Not a drop leaking out of it.... just suspended there soon to break free and collapse. I turn and go the other direction and see the same scenario beneath the main bath and laundry... another HUGE mass of collected water above the insulation, this one was dripping, slowly. Down the entire middle of the crawlspace is the same situation, not in diameter but 6 ft. in width and runs the entire length of the crawlspace. Midway that sag of insulation is but 6 inches above dirt. The crawlspace, from dirt to bottom of floor beams, is roughly 28", with another 10" height of steel beam supporting subfloor. Do the math... that's a HUGE amount of water in retention waiting to calve. Further down, below the entire kitchen, I could see a collapsed 12 ft. section of insulation where that area previously had finally gave way and dumped water. I could see dripping occurring from the piping, at approximately one drip every other second. I snapped photos of the entire area and made my way back out of that nightmare fearing the entire way it all could collapse on top of me without warning. If that happened, I'd likely die being crushed, or back in the trauma unit for another experimental piece together. Fuck that. I got outside, shook off that TYVEK, informed my realtor standing there what I'd seen which he took as an exaggeration. After I got home I downloaded the photos and sent them to him on a word doc sheet captioned with locations and area estimations below each photograph represented. He sent them to the seller's realtor which that realtor just said... "WOW!!" Two days goes by and all the seller offered was to replace that insulation and have a plumber fix any leaks. Any damage to the subflooring they'd credit me $500 off the cost of the home so I could replace it. FYI... this is a modular home. Subflooring is secured to the steel beam joists. Interior and exterior walls are furred onto the subfloor, electrical and plumbing routed through the subfloor where needed, etc. Ergo... to replace the subfloor one would have to demolish the entire structure from steel floor joists on up to and including roof. Ergo... a total reconstruction of the entire home. $500 ain't gonna cut it. Also... they only had a plumber look at removing insulation and fixing pipe... that's as far as he'd go. No one looked into whether or not there's mold growth or delamination occurring on that subfloor. They don't want to know, in other words. All they're willing to do is remove insulation, fix pipe and replace insulation... PERIOD! I sent them my signed and rescinded offer. Let the next buyer beware. I guarantee you no building inspector would go the distance to thoroughly look at that entire crawlspace. I further guarantee the owners will have the pipes fixed, and insulation replaced, before they list the house again, ergo... when the building inspection comes again, all he'll see is a clean crawlspace, dry, and no cobwebs. I guarantee there's mold on the underside of that subfloor, seeing how that leakage has been going on for a good year or more. Last summer's heat was horrible and perfect for mold growth. Oh well......... ain't my circus, nor my monkeys to contend with. Move'n on... LOL.

Fc
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I'm worried about the bear. I want to see him cast in bronze.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Your lucky you did such a thorough inspection Frank
Rasper wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:49 pm
I'm worried about the bear. I want to see him cast in bronze.

Richard
We're all worried Richard :? ...