We're back

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
cae2100

Re: We're back

Post by cae2100 »

lol, looked good to me, lol. I wasnt really into the gun stuff, but the shaper stuff was cool. Having too much time on your hands is never a bad thing, it's when you want to do something but can never find the time is the real issue.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

It's cold here too. 83 F. right now at 6:30 pm. I wear long sleeve shirts in this kind of weather.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

When I was working, I had money but no time. Now I have time but no money :(
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

sounds like we're in the same canoe
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I think were all in the same club
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

Im stuck in the boat but with no money and not much time, lol. Good thing Im good at scrounging for parts for projects :P
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

FINALLY... sold my home/property; bought me a new truck (so I'm back to have'n 4 wheels and a truck bed for use); paid off the ex; paid off a shit ton of bills; still got 28K in the bank (6K committed to down payment on new digs in a nice part of town); then another 4K slotted for home inspection training so I can get the certs, license, etc., and start doing home inspections for income rather than gimp'n by on SS and a measily 135 buck a month VA pension. Home inspections cost between 450 to 600 each. Most at 500. This county I'm in doesn't have "any" home inspectors... period. I'd be the only one. All home sales in this region have to wait at least 2 to 4 weeks for a scheduled inspection 'cause all inspectors have to travel long distance to come here. I intend to remedy both the schedule delays as well the lack of quality home inspection service they do perform. I'm talk'n 45 minutes on site is all they do... take pictures, test GFI circuts, look for rot, mold, etc. and identify what each appliance is, brand and condition. I've paid for 3 home inspections in my lifetime and not a damn one was worth 20 bucks. Every one of them were deficient in finding shit I ended up having to reveal after I'd bought the home and gained access. I report it to the inspector and get told:.."welcome to home ownership!"

I tell ya this, my brothers... there'll be a new sheriff in town once I get my certs and license to practice. I've talked to multiple bankers, mortgage brokers, realtors, etc., all now being aware of my background in environmental, health & safety inspections with far greater liability for screw-ups. All I've addressed this to have vowed they'd call me and pass my name on to other lenders that regularly call them asking for someone that actually does good work in this field they'd recommend.

Do the math... 500 ea. 2 inspections a day (that's roughly 2.5 hrs of work including travel) then another hour transferring notes onto a digital canned inspection report, emailing it to the broker and realtor and I'm done. 5 days/week nets 1K... 4K a month. I can easily do 5 inspections a day, so that would net me 12500/wk, or 50K/mo. Bottom line, work when I want to... go play when I want to. And not a chance of me have'n to get dirty nor have to tear into something. I can then afford to devote quality "earned" time at doing my artwork to keep my soul alive... not to mention lots of camping and vacationing for short excursions wherever the wind blows my sails.

I attend a two week course offered by the state of Washington on Feb 5th. I'll have my license and be work'n by the end of that month. GOODBYE HAND TO MOUTH EXISTENCE!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

On another note: I was offered a job at "Deep In The Heart Art Foundry" in San Antonio, Tx when I drove there just before Christmas to attend my son's wedding the day after Christmas. Stopped by the foundry and chatted them up (second time I've visited them, first was last August). They made me a very nice offer work'n their foundry, welding and finishing shops. Damn it was tempting. But alas... I simply cannot stomach that much traffic on a day to day around that 24 hr buzzz'n town. I'd lose my marbles and end up on the 5-o-clock news eventually. It was a long bummer trip/drive home but the sunshine come into my life with this home inspection gig, so I guess Texas ain't in my stars at all. Just as well... it's too frick'n hot there most of the year anyhow. HAHAHA. Yeah, I turned them down with humble apology and explained why. They understood. They told me to give them a call when I get this bear done and they'd let me come there and help cast and finish it and get an opportunity to work with their pros. WOW... that'd be awesome!! So life is gradually improving now that the nightmare of the past two years are finally over with.
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Good for you Frank!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Thats fantastic Frank , so that means the bear is still on the go :) :) :) :) :)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)