We're back

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Jammer

Re: We're back

Post by Jammer »

You beat me again. I just checked about an hour ago. Did harry ever tell you what he was doing, or what was going on?
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Nothing going on here. We have just about everything packed up. We were supposed to move this last weekend but had a glitch in the closing. Trying to get everything sorted out and set a new date. I did find out I've accumulated a lot of stuff the past couple years. I did find a place to take my 500 pounds of refractory. It was made for induction furnaces and I wouldn't work for a gas or cupola furnace.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:34 pm
You beat me again. I just checked about an hour ago. Did harry ever tell you what he was doing, or what was going on?
No Jerry, other then the phone call I've had no contact with Harry, I just let him get on with it in his own time, he was a bit busy tho when I phoned him and I had no expectations that he would just drop tools, I knew he would get there when ever he could.
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sorry guys, when it went down last month is was because my card needed updating after a number getting out into the wild and changing the card. Apparently 1and1 had some issue with the new card and in their wisdom instead of phoning me they turned it off and sent a bill collector to make the calls.

As I explained to them, its not wise business to treat a customer that way that has been with their company for 13 years and has paid them 10s of thousands of dollars over those years by cutting their service over a late payment and even worse when it was their fault to begin with.

After profuse apologies to my forward ire they corrected things and offered me an upgrade to newer hardware at a lower price. I am still looking at other providers as it seems there is some good stuff out there in the range I have been paying for my server so either I will be switching to another provider or upgrading here with 1and1. Whichever route I end up taking there is likely to be a small hiccup. I will shut the forum down when I switch to pull the database and upload it to the new server, that shouldnt be more than a few hrs though.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hi Harry, its great to see it all up and running, well done mate:-)...If required, I'm sure the more regular members would kick the tin to assist with the running of the forum.....Hows the green houses going
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Thanks Harry, we all appreciate this.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This server has been running for 13 years Mike and I moved here from the previous company where I was for nearly 7 years, I have made money on it at times and just played with it at other times. I am good with footing the bill on it and honestly quite impressed you guys have hung on here.

I will try and keep the forum updated as that I believe is how the hackers got in here over last winter and deleted everything.

The upgrade I am looking at is dual terabyte hard drives in raid so one is a copy of the other in case of a hardware failure so no worries at all about volume of images but will still be up to each to keep them locally. Thats another thing I need to try and keep up with a monthly or so backup of the site to make sure we dont lose too far back if something does happen. Going to look into setting up a chron to automatically email me the backups.

I am planning to start working on the front end of founddreaming pretty soon, that will be a bit of a blog on what we have going on here between our greenhouses, garden and the wifes dojo.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

ok mate, but if things do change just call.....Dojo ?
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Ahhhhh... where's the beer?
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

In the fridge waiting you lot to rock up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”