Server downtime

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Jammer

Re: Server downtime

Post by Jammer »

I looked back through some old posts and everything seemed to have transferred OK. I kind of hope the pictures would have returned but I guess they are gone.
Will we be able to tell any difference in the site?
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Should be a little peppier because this hardware is slightly better than the old server but not by a lot. It does have a 1000GB hard drive x2 with RAID so space went up quite a bit but then I never had much concerns on that end. Overall I doubt there is anything to notice but the big thing is we were on a 6 year old computer/harddrives and now on new stuff so there is a huge comfort in lowering chance of some kind of failure on the front.

Yeah, the old pictures I cant do anything about unless I come across an old backup and I have dug through everywhere I can think to look. When the site got hacked this site and a few others I had up were wiped clean.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

anyone else having errors with the site lately? it started last night I believe, and has been doing it since. It just says that the page is unavailable.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I think the storms are causing issues, I was just finding the same a few minutes ago.

not sure honestly where the servers are located but when I called 1and1 got a message about outages. Hopefully things get cleared up.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well up again, keeps going down. Talked with support this morning and he rebooted the server and it cleared up then within a few minutes of hanging up went down again.

He told me he enabled error logging so if it happened again they could see the cause.

Called back and they elevated support for looking into it. Supposed to send me an email, still waiting on that back its back up for now.

Will keep on em til its straightened out. Could be my blog script, I dont know and I hope not because I like that script and have gotten a bit in there now.
Muller
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

yea, over the last few days, it's been giving that error 9/10 times that I try viewing something on the sit or doing anything at all.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Should be good now. Was notified that it was a hardware failure and the components have been replaced. Sad that I just upgraded to a new server after 7 or 8 years on the old one to get a hardware snag but much better than it being a software issue because that parts on me.

I have my garden site on this domain now so I will be fairly regular on checking on it.
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dont know about you guys but site seems pretty snappy now, was sluggish for me before it broke. Thinkin whatever it was was dragging it down a lot before it completely went to shit.,
Muller
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

yea, it seems to be much better now. Also, thank you for setting up this site, it's alot of fun here and has a good crowd.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

all good here :) :) :) :)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)