Server downtime

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Server downtime

Post by Harry »

Hey folks, wanted to drop a note for an upcoming server move. Not changing providers just moving to a new server. Less money for more hardware so I can pass it up.

It will mean I will have to manually move all of the databases, everything else should transfer over on its own by the way they explained it to me.

I will be doing full backups and will try and get it back together as quickly as I can.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Re: Server downtime

Post by mite5255 »

Not a problem mate, good to hear from ya anyways
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

OK Harry, I've been moving so not much time on here. I'm back in Ohio now and finally got internet and TV hooked up. Thanks for the warning.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ok, I am finally ready to move this server, couple nice things, new one is 30 bucks a month less than this one for better and newer hardware. Have had this one since 2012 so its certainly time to upgrade just to get on new hardware before a hard drive failure or something else. Also 3 months free with the change so I'll take that :-)

Until I post again consider any posts here subject to being lost. Shouldnt be more than a few days, taking a backup now and will restore once I get the green flag from 1and1 that the move is done. I considered closing the forum but figured as long as everyone knows that the backup is a snapshot of right now its probably best to just leave it open. It may still go down for a bit after they move and before I get the database restored.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

No worries mate, see ya when we get back
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

no problem
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

OK, I'm not unpacked yet anyway.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Haha... still waiting for the move to actually take place. They move everything but the database so I am just sitting on my hands until the sites are on the new server. They say 24 to 48 hrs so maybe tomorrow.

I will be putting a few blogs out on the site and doing some work here finally, wanting a garden page for what we have going on here these days. I need to get this crap organized before I forget it all so I can just look things up for refreshers.
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This is so frustrating, server still not migrated to new hardware but I noticed board was out of date so I decided to upgrade it.

Spent last evening and the whole of today trying to figure it out, seems there is some issues with 3.2.2 and some of the suggestions are to wait for 3.2.3... dunno.

Anyhow, its back up for now, still not ready for new posts so anything that gets posted between now and then might not still be here once done.

I have made several backups of the Files directory so i am hoping not to have any images issues.
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ok, two days of banging my head on this desk but I think everything is updated and humming along on the new server. Sure am glad this doesnt come along often :-)

Let me know if you guys spot any hiccups on the board, as far as I can see all pictures are in their directory and the backend is reporting all good.
Muller