Wow, Its quiet here

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Wow, Its quiet here

Post by Harry »

Hey folks, I was recently corresponding with Jerry when the site went down. I guess its been running on its own for quite some time.

I broke it by installing a WordPress site to the domain, the WP just took over everything and made changes that required getting an extended support for an older php version to bring the forum back to life after I moved the WP Blog.

I will be updating the phpBB version here so I can switch back to the more recent php and get out of that monthly cost. Its not much but all this needs updated anyhow so there isnt any need to continue paying for any length of time.

My WP Blog BTW is my garden, I really like the WP script as its easy to use and looks nice so hoping it will encourage continued updating of the site. Its located here if anyone is interested.

http://garden.founddreaming.com

Going to try and get things sorted to use the top level domain founddreaming.com but that will likely mean moving this forum to a different domain or a subdomain here like the garden.founddreaming but metal.founddreaming.com instead so if the forum goes away on this address try adding metal. to beginning of the url.

Did all that sufficiently confuse everyone? :-) I think those few that are left posting here know how to get ahold of me or Jerry so thats another option if things go poof on this current address.

Harry
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Re: Wow, Its quiet here

Post by Jammer »

Hi Harry, I found it now. Just sent a note saying I couldn't find it. Thanks.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Lol, yeah, I had it broken again attempting the upgrade while you were trying and just got it back up.

I might try again tomorrow while I am hiding from the heat but tonight its getting time to do some outside.

Its all I can do to keep the plants and animals alive, we currently have around 60 laying hens and last year we got a tribe of Nigerian Dwarf goats, 5 of them. Every morning we walk them down to a large pen out front and in the evening walk them back to smaller pen in the yard. Working on a couple electric wires for the perimeter fence, once that is done we might start leaving them in the large area but with it being away from the house on the corner of the property I am concerned about predators at night.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I had some goats many years ago, the were Nubians. They only stayed in the electric fence if they wanted to or any other pen for that matter.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

These guys are only 21" max at the shoulder and maybe 50 to 70lbs

The electric isnt to keep them in anyhow, its to keep a mountain lion or coyotes that might think they are tasty looking out.
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Playing on teeter totter.
20210525_184744.jpg
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hmmm, now that I figured out how to send pictures from my phone I will probably be driving you nutz with them, lol.
20210708_195017.jpg
Muller
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

Hey guys, good to see the site back up again. I think jammer was probably getting tired of me bugging him to see what was going on with the site, lol.

Coming from someone who suffers from allergies, I know how much things can get messed up when flowers are introduced, lol. :P
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Luckily I dont have allergies, would be in real bad shape if I did. We are going to begin with bees soon, I purchased all the gear and 2 hive setups. Just need to get the bees now.

I was messing with the site most of the day today so it was up and down. I tried everything I could think of twice and the noodle is rattled now. Registered on phpbb.com to post a support question and see if someone else has a better idea.

If I am unable to get this forum upgraded the next step is installing a fresh forum and importing the database into it. Honestly not sure if thats possible with the difference in database and php versions. Have to get past this dependence on php 5.6 though because of the support cost and eventually its going to completely go away.
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hi all, great to see that we're back online :D :D :D . @ Harry, Not sure if you received it, but last Thursday my time I sent you a text message to your phone, did you receive it, just asking so in the future I'll know if it works :) :)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)