Holy Crap!

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Holy Crap!

Post by Harry »

Shocking that I not only got the forum back up without losing the database but also upgraded it with a fresh install and got rid of the old legacy php I was paying for extended support on.

Hope everyone is well, we are doing great here living and loving life. We raised a beef this year which was a great experience. I built a huge livestock pen from milled lumber (bought a band mill this year), going to expand on the pen into several increasingly larger paddocks that we can actually grow fodder in to offset feed costs. Wanted to do pigs this fall but couldnt find feeder pigs so next year.

Rasper called me this evening, was great talking with him. Want you all to know dont be shy about hunting me down if this forum goes dark. I didnt know and Rasper told me it had been down a couple of months. Very sorry folks, I try to keep the lights on but this has been off my radar.

Anyhow, all is good now and even better that it is all fresh and current.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Holy Crap!

Post by Harry »

Damn, Looks like images are broke. I will spend some time poking through the old database and see if I can bring them over.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So far no joy on the images. I seem to really suck at that. I will give it another shot tomorrow.
Muller
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Glad to see you're alive and kickin' ....
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Hi Harry, I sent a couple e-mails back in July, but I couldn't find your number. Richard gave it to me and then I saw it in some strange place.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

Hey, good to see you harry and everyone else is doing well. Raising cows is ok, but when you get to pigs and get to the smell of that manure, thats when you really know youve gone too far, lol.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I think I downloaded a copy of the forum a couple years ago and a couple computers ago. Not sure where it might be, I'll look through my external hard drives because I saved everything to them. I don't know if the pictures will be on there or not.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Send it along if you find it Jerry, I dont know what I will be able to do with it but I will try. I got a new computer and there was a hiccup along the way th email, sorry I missed them. Like I said though, feel free to run me down if the lights go out here, its not my intent.

Pigs are on the radar. I wanted to do 3 or 4 this fall but could not find piglets. Just as well because I want to expand the paddocks to be able to pre grow a lot of their food right there for them to harvest.

We came out mid choice on grade, was aiming for prime but fell a little short. Was told by the butcher this was the best place for them though as for as waste goes since by the time you get to prime there is loads of fat being discarded. I still want to hit prime and will continue to work that way.

The thing that shocked me most was the steers personality, he was like a big puppy, a really fucking big puppy, he was just over 1500lbs and was always trying to get me to come play. I weighed him every day for the four month I had him, trained him to the scale and he just did it on his own. Up to around 1300lbs I would go into the pen with him but towards the end he just got too familiar and huge so I used the pen to get in to do what I needed while he was on the other side of things. He was never aggressive, just playful and like I said, fucking huge.
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Harry wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:01 pm
Shocking that I not only got the forum back up without losing the database but also upgraded it with a fresh install and got rid of the old legacy php I was paying for extended support on.

Hope everyone is well, we are doing great here living and loving life. We raised a beef this year which was a great experience. I built a huge livestock pen from milled lumber (bought a band mill this year), going to expand on the pen into several increasingly larger paddocks that we can actually grow fodder in to offset feed costs. Wanted to do pigs this fall but couldnt find feeder pigs so next year.

Rasper called me this evening, was great talking with him. Want you all to know dont be shy about hunting me down if this forum goes dark. I didnt know and Rasper told me it had been down a couple of months. Very sorry folks, I try to keep the lights on but this has been off my radar.

Anyhow, all is good now and even better that it is all fresh and current.
I could have used stronger words, Harry, I thought I had lost contact with the lot of you, so bloody glad we're all back together. I'll now copy all of your emails, which I thought I had done before, but no, I'm hoping they are still in the list somewhere. anyhow right at this moment we have our young granddaughter here for the night and I'm enjoying a cold beer waiting for the pizza to turn up
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm

Or maybe just the fastest.