End of Summer...

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
latzanimal

End of Summer...

Post by latzanimal »

As the unofficial end of summer is upon us (US anyway). Here's to hoping all is well with all of you.

Been a busy summer and will continue for the next 3 weeks or so.

Then, I've got 3 drums to build. Two will be cocobolo and the other a mixture of mahogany and maple. Who knows how long it will take me as I seem to easily distracted these days.... SQUIRREL!

Anyway, as mentioned hope all is well and here's to tipping a drink or 2. Cheers!
Jammer

Re: End of Summer...

Post by Jammer »

Uneventful summer here. Haven't been able to do any of the things I had planned.

Glad you're building some drums, you have to post some pictures. I was working on a small jigsaw puzzle on the CNC and thought about the puzzle drum you mentioned once. Too many angles.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I have been writing a novel and playing nurse to my wife who has been bedridden for six weeks, laid low by a serious case of pneumonia. I turned 80 in August. I appear to enjoy disgustingly good health.

Let us see those drums. Under construction photographs would be interesting.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Glad you are healthy Richard, hope your wife gets better soon.

I have been running a BIG CNC machine. My church bought a 4 foot by 8 foot CNC table. I've been making some displays for classes but mainly we are making beds for kids that don't have a bed. We got mattresses from Ohio State University. We cut and assemble the beds and take them to kids in the neighborhood who need them.
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Jammer wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:00 am
Glad you're building some drums, you have to post some pictures. I was working on a small jigsaw puzzle on the CNC and thought about the puzzle drum you mentioned once. Too many angles.
I will post pics.

The puzzle drum is still on the back burner, as is the cast bronze. The first puzzle I tried, a friend did the programming and I used the local High School's CNC. One of his programs was off by .002" which boogered the whole thing. I have corrected that in my mind and SOMEDAY, build another now that I have my own CNC.

Richard, best wishes to your wife. Glad your health allows you to take care of her.
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

This was last weekend's project. Daughter #3 is getting married on the 16th. She asked me to build this arch for her....
IMG_6082.jpg
Of course the Dad and woodworker said, that would look cool with LEDs. So I built one with LEDs in it....
IMG_2232.jpg
I have married 2 of her sisters and look forward to doing the ceremony for her. However, unbeknown to her, I will have their 4 year old help with the end/I do's. Nobody knows I'm planning this so it could back fire. Anyway, I built him a step ladder so he will be the same height as me and incorporated her arch on the front with LEDs, of course...
IMG_2231.jpg
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Really great! You must have been a great father when they were kids. You still are.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That looks really cool. Let the little man join in. 8-) 8-)

My youngest son is getting married the end of the month.
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Thanks guys!

I don't know about great father, but I was there, which is way more than their donors. I must have done alright because they asked me to adopt them in their 20s. Meant more to me because they were old enough to make their own decisions and still wanted it.
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

I'm happy to report that all went well. She was surprised with the LEDs, and my grandson stepped up and helped marry his mother and father. Everyone was surprised when I included him. The bride and groom were thankful. I, felt it was only right. Anyway, here's a few shots of the shindig....
380266804_6627501860701916_6100754100246690144_n.jpg
380270525_6627450010707101_8945208031860473706_n.jpg
Alter Night.jpg
Cohen Maddie Zach.jpg
Now to work on some drums.....

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”