No more backyardmetalcasting.com?

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Re: No more backyardmetalcasting.com?

Post by Harry »

I really doubt everyone from there will simply change over to here. For one I can imagine more that a few people simply dont care for me because of my habit of saying whats on my mind. My guess is that once the BYMC forums are back up and running most of the folks who signed up here will kind of forget about this place.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
GypsyTinker

Post by GypsyTinker »

I agree and that is why most people don't like me :D The herd will lead the herd.

Thing is, here is different... there is that control, vested interest.

I think this will turn in to the big boys club sort of.

If the new BYMC doesn't have a cool place to post profile and workshop stuff, having that here would help.

Also some content with character, even your character, just get it out there. That is if you want this to grow.

Put some foundry basics together out front with links to stuff in the forum. The internet is easy, you are already getting new people...
Only the highest standards of precision!
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

Harry wrote:...My guess is that once the BYMC forums are back up and running most of the folks who signed up here will kind of forget about this place.
mmm, i dont know about that. I plan to split myself between the 2. I agree that BYMC will be a place for new guys to get their feet wet, and this is where you go to really deep dive and get more serious. Im not sure how it will all shake out, but I think the "owner/operator" - ness of FDF will be appealing to many of us, regardless of what Lio is up to...
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison
wikisi

Post by wikisi »

I don't know about other people but I kinda like that this is Harry's place. Why? Because I've read a lot of his posts and I think I can learn a lot from Harry. Now that he has his own forum, it's a great incentive(not sure if that's the word I'm looking for here? - English is not my native language) for him to share even more of his work, answer questions, etc. So I know I'll stick around 8-)
Heimo

Post by Heimo »

I just noticed something.... now without reveling what, I am curious to when the next person notices the same thing... :mrgreen:
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

i noticed!
-Leonardo Di Vinci

-Jim Morrison
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Been waiting for someone to notice ;) Pretty cool though isnt it? Assuming we are talking about the same thing :mrgreen:
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

Im talking about my nachos being done in the microwave...isnt that what everyone else is talking about?

;)

Nice to see some news finally!
-Leonardo Di Vinci

-Jim Morrison
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hmmm... Guess we are talking about different things. I thought someone finally saw the little flickering flame page icon in the url bar that also shows up when you bookmark this site.
Muller
GypsyTinker

Post by GypsyTinker »

I noticed that harry :) very cool. Noticed it this morning or yesterday-ish

I noticed THAT too Heimo ;-)

Looks like w3 has noticed too :-P
Only the highest standards of precision!

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”