Registration Closed again

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Registration Closed again

Post by Harry »

Been super busy, sorry I have missed this. Jammer sent me a text and let me know there was a problem.

I will take a look and see what I can do.

Side note, been hatching Midget White Turkeys. We have 4 incubators going setting once a week and the first are hatching now. We processed half a dozen last year and looking forward to a lot more this year. They were exceptional birds and being able to procreate gives them a huge leg up over the xCross meat birds we have been raising for poultry plus the xCross birds are just a huge mess to raise. Cant discount their quick feed to meat conversion but they have lots of faults outside of what goes into the freezer.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

midget white turkeys... I rather have a full size one rather than bite size one, lol. We tried to raise chickens here a while back, and they did good for laying eggs, but different wild animals killed a few of them and the other ones just ended up dying of old age, so we never did any animals for meat, lol.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Full sized heritage Turkeys can end up 35lbs. We just dont need that sort of bird. Midget Whites run around 10-12lb for Hens and 15-17lbs for Toms which is a good size utilizing even outside of holiday meals.

These are just a bit bigger than the xCross Meat Chickens (well maybe double for the Toms). The important bit is that we can keep and breed them which isnt practical for the xCross birds. They do take 6 to 7 months instead of 42 days of the meat chickens but they also allow you to complete the circle on your own.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I changed the registration question but have not yet turned it back on.

I am going to look at other verification plugins and see if it might make sense to add some sort of "pick the pictures with boats" sort of verification.

Need to do some reading to see what others are doing to eliminate spammers.

On spammers, I really dont get it. The bottom line must be pretty low with those cretins.
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I did find a way to delete several account at once on the admin control panel page ACP at the top. At the bottom of that page is inactive users and click on the "View all inactive users" and it has the option to delete several at once. Most are easy to spot now because they have a sketchy e-mail address and if you look it up they have a high risk of spam behavior. I see there are over 50 waiting for approval. I tested the registration and I have one at the end of the inactive list named "Bobber" with a hotmail account. If someone is legit they need a better e-mail provider. I have let on some with Gmail or other common providers. But, I keep an eye on them and most don't ever come back. ??

Oh, I was able to make Chirpy (cae2100) a Mod, tried to set him as an Admin but could seem to do it. I hope that's OK with you. He seems to be on late at night when the spammers attack. :ugeek: :geek: :lol:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sure, honestly anyone who has been around that long is certainly trustworthy.

I havent had time to dig around in this much yet. There are some various anti spammer plugins but there is also options to ban entire countries with the suggestion China and India being excluded kills a huge amount of spam.

Sad to block out entire regions because you just never know where someone may originate from who would be a good member for this forum.

For now just leaving it closed is the best option so as not to create a large workload for those who are doing cleanup on isle 5.
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I will hook Chirpy up with the Admin
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Today I am taking a load of firewood to a place called Trona about 80 miles away and get back home as this afternoon a 40' High Cube Cargo Container is supposed to be delivered, have been waiting a month for the delivery.

Going to place the container about 20' behind the house and up on legs about 2' so height matches our deck then will continue the deck out to it, also build a false wall behind one door and leave that fixed open with a regular man door in the wall. Will be very convenient for access and if needed we can open the other door for any oversized items we might want to store in there. Hopes are that we will be able to unload the house some as the years have overcrowded us with each new hobby and interest let alone having any space for pantry and such.
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

My wife told me today I have too much stuff. :( She is right of course but she's not the boss of me. :? Ok, maybe she is but I NEEEEED it. 8-)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

A lot of the spammers seem to be from Ukraine, I don't know why, they're at war! I look at their IP address and don't see any from India or Pakistan and only a few from China. Well, I guess you can look like you're posting from anywhere in the world.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”