Registration Closed again

Keep abreast of FoundDreaming updates here.
Jammer

Registration Closed again

Post by Jammer »

Well, that didn't work out. Another barrage of spam.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Jammer

Re: Registration Closed again

Post by Jammer »

I wonder why they always choose Frank's page to post on??? I deleted over 70 spammers this morning, they all signed on about midnight last night.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

Ive seen some sites, when you sign up, they ask you a question about that topic that the forum is about, so maybe make the question about something to do with casting, then that might keep alot of them away maybe?

I wish there was something I could do, Im usually up when they come in and start the spamming, and usually see them as they're doing it.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I've been thinking about this. I'll see what I'm able to do. I may try to open registration again and I know there is a question for verification somewhere. Harry has been really good at keeping us open with just a few glitches.
This month has been crazy but I am doing pretty good. Had some more tests this week and everything is good so I just have to get moving.
I hope we can get some projects going on this site, it's been pretty dead. Harry has added all kinds of fun things to do from farming and wood working to cooking and Beer. :D I plan on posting some of the improvements I've made on our house since we moved back in 2018.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I can't change permissions for Mods or admins. I opened registration with admin approval, we'll see how that goes.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

And immediately got a spammer :(
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

48 and counting. At least it stops them from posting.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

Jammer wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:01 am
I've been thinking about this. I'll see what I'm able to do. I may try to open registration again and I know there is a question for verification somewhere. Harry has been really good at keeping us open with just a few glitches.
This month has been crazy but I am doing pretty good. Had some more tests this week and everything is good so I just have to get moving.
I hope we can get some projects going on this site, it's been pretty dead. Harry has added all kinds of fun things to do from farming and wood working to cooking and Beer. :D I plan on posting some of the improvements I've made on our house since we moved back in 2018.
Thats good to hear that youre doing well now, I was a bit worried since everything's been quiet.

Ive been a bit under the weather as of late also, so just got my old gaming computer out and got it running again, it's only be 5-6 years since it kinda cooked the power supply in it and was put off to the side, lol. So in other words, havnt really done crap for projects really, even tho I did go out and clean up the casting/forging shed and put all of the forging stuff away for the summer, and made room so I could get access to all of the casting stuff, and get the furnace out. I also did some minor repairs to the fuel tank and such, just need to do some patches to the furnace and it should be ready to go hopefully for the next few years of use.

It sucks about the spammers, I'll keep an eye out for them and see if I can chase them off, and Ill try to be a bit more active on here again, just didnt figure you guys would want to hear about old computer games and such, lol.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I don't pretend to know anything about Gaming computers or online gaming for that matter. I know my son-in-law is a big gamer.
I hope you are feeling better. I really hope I can get some stuff done this year. I hope we can do some stuff too. I think I have my Grandson interested and he may help me some.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

yea, Im all for getting together and doing some stuff again, Ive pretty much gotten my forging shed all set up, just need to make some storage for my punches/drifts, but that's easy enough to do really, lol. Right now, they're all in tin cans and such to keep it from being scattered, lol.

I used to be a big gamer, but when I got out of working on computers, just sitting in front of one to play a game started to just make me half sick, so I walked away from all of it, and another reason why I left my old desktop to sit and took so long to actually get the parts to repair it, lol.

I did get my patterns and everything out, I figured I would cast out the aluminum patterns first to get back into the swing of things, since I havnt done any casting in the last few years due to life really, then realized out of all of the patterns I had made up all this time, most of them were to be cast in either iron, or bronze, lol. Hopefully soon, it'll warm up and stay warm enough to get the stuff out and start casting, and not get hit with storms every other day as usual.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”