Hello from the US South/west desert

A place to say a little about yourself, who, where, what sort of thing.
mizlplix

Hello from the US South/west desert

Post by mizlplix »

I just found the site. I really like all of the great info. I am a lifetime metalworker. I started out at 9 yrs old working in my Dad's fab shop. When I wanted to play baseball, I was required to work in the shop, nights, weekends and summers. Meanwhile all my friends were in awe and wanted to work in the shop...GO figure.

I progressed from stick arc welding to wire welding, from brazing to TIG. After I had enough schooling, I was introduced to layout and fabrication, with lots of sweeping in between times. The usual progression of machine tools and forming equipment- stamping presses, shears, punches, lathe and mill. I got to experience Hot riveting, UT weld testing, acid etching, heat treating and failure analysis. Most of it was before the age of 18.

I was a Union Ironworker for 22 years, an "A" list crane operator and operated a small mechanical repair shop specializing in concrete pumping equipment. For the past 12 years, I have been working for the local school district as a tractor mechanic.

I have managed to sneak in some hobbys along the way: Drag racing, roundy round, Pikes Peak, Baja Offroad, WW2 Vintage aircraft repair and for the past 10 years doing Electric Vehicle construction.

I hope to fit into the community. It looks to be very friendly and informative.
Jammer

Re: Hello from the US South/west desert

Post by Jammer »

Welcome aboard, Sounds like you'll fit in just fine. 8-)
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Wow! great resume..

Welcome!

Wayne
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sounds to me like you fit in just fine around any group of tool junkies.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Welcome
It looks to be very friendly and informative.
Your darn right about that :D
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!

Return to “Introductions”