Is there a restroom in here?

A place to say a little about yourself, who, where, what sort of thing.
barryjyoung

Re: Is there a restroom in here?

Post by barryjyoung »

Jammer wrote:Welcome to the show Barry.
No restrooms here, but there is some occasional crap flying around. :D

Sounds like I will fit in, been dodging flying crap since I can remember.

Barry
barryjyoung

Post by barryjyoung »

Here is a pic of the breakdown furnace. We have improved it some since this picture was made. We now have very nice ingot molds to replace the bread pan shown here. You can see the shop vac that supplies air to the Ron Riel burner. This is a construct of firebrick only on the sides. There is not even mortar between the bricks. The lid is hinged at the back and counterweighted. The lid is cast 3200 degree refractory. Inside there are ceramic panels made from kiln shelving that I got from the Clay Art Center here in Tacoma. Eventually I will coat it inside and out with some more high temp refractory that I lucked into for free. Hope the photo works.
Attachments
securedownload-1.jpeg
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Looks good, I see that victim... err... I mean wheel laying off to the side. I assume that is headed for the furnace? I have to say I love using wheels for casting.
barryjyoung wrote:Eventually I will coat it inside and out with some more high temp refractory
Dont know to what end coating the outside would do because it would likely never get hot enough to fire the refractory.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
barryjyoung

Post by barryjyoung »

Harry wrote:
Dont know to what end coating the outside would do because it would likely never get hot enough to fire the refractory.
See those firebrick poking out the side? I think the refractory will just hold it together a little better.

Barry