S'goin on, eh?

A place to say a little about yourself, who, where, what sort of thing.
PHoBoS999

S'goin on, eh?

Post by PHoBoS999 »

hey, i'm a newb to all this, but i'm gonna introduce myself so I can post here when i'm awesome. :lol:
I'm from Oklahoma (like dallen) and am working on casting so I can make swords, knives, etc and the like to sell at ren fairs to offset the outrageously priced blacksmithed weapons and hopefully create a lucrative business out of making steel weapons etc. I'll probably start with small things like knives and solid buckles. I have a leatherworking friend, so hopefully we'll be able to sweep the rennaissance market with our awesome skillz. :ugeek:

But, in all seriousness, I am not casting yet. I'm in the process of finalizing my smelter, which will be able to melt iron and create steel. It's a resevoir smelter in a pit. For those who want to know exactly what it is, (until i put pics of the finalized smelter) It is a pit which has a base of about 2 sq ft, being about 1.5 ft or so deep . it has a small tunnel leading from about a foot away from the opening to the bottom of the pit, which I have a leaf blower attached to. For now, it has a ceramic tile as the lid, along with a couple of bricks opposite the side with the opening at the bottom so the fire can always be swirling/vortexing. I use motor oil as my fuel along with a small amount of water which is vaporized when put into burning oil, thereby exploding the oil allowing for increased oil vaporization.

Once it's finalized, i'll probably be using the waste foam method for casting.
I'll post pics later.
Jammer

Re: S'goin on, eh?

Post by Jammer »

Welcome to the forum. 8-)
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Heimo

Post by Heimo »

welcome
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

The more the merrier, welcome

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

welcome aboard
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison