northwest wisconsin

A place to say a little about yourself, who, where, what sort of thing.
davidh

northwest wisconsin

Post by davidh »

i have no idea how i got here but, here i be. . .
davidh is handle, Maple Wisconsin, 7 miles south of the south shore of beautiful lake superior, 25 miles east of where it starts. its been my home area for 70 plus years. ya, im an old fart.

i have hobbies coming out of my ears, metal work, machine work, upholestry work, auto restoration and painting, woodworking, etc. the same kind of things that many of you folks are familar with. of course casting has got me for the moment. i've been dabbling with it for 10 or more years.

i have a mechanical backround, and owned and operated a 2 person tool repair shop for the past 27 years with sales and service at home based shop with wife as co-owner & repair person also, and now kinda trying to finally find time to do some of the things that have interested me when i have not had time to pursue.

i have a couple old Hudson cars im in process of restoring, and im finding that i perfer casting and being creative to working on the cars.

im a cancer survivor, and heart bypass survivor and am finding that getting old ain't for sissys as someone on another forum sez. we tend to slow down a tad but keep on keeping on.

i will gladly add my 2 cents to topics that i know something about and sometimes even if i don't. i inhereted a semi smartass comment thing from my father and my wife sez after 2 beers my mouth could really get me in trouble and embarrass the hell out of her. . . so im limited to the Killian's to 2 a day.

im looking forward to reading all the posts that come up, and pictures will be offered as they are taken. . . i enjoy email and the computer way too much. . . . 8-)
Silverforge

Re: northwest wisconsin

Post by Silverforge »

Well theres' the problem right there! Why go for TWO Killians when ONE Bulmers can do it for you! :shock:

Seriously- I am a noob here too- just thought I would say hello while I was surfing the old posts! Hope to know more about you as the time passes!

Are your castings mainly for the cars restoration projects or are they fun and art?

Be safe and welcome!

Kerri
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I am glad to see you over here David. There are some good discussions here.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Welcome Davidh....Only to beers a day :? :? :( :(
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
"Beer will always have a definite role in the diet of an individual and can be considered a cog in the wheel of nutritional foods."
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
-Winston Churchill
"The roots and herbes beaten and put into new ale or beer and daily drunk, cleareth, strengtheneth and quickeneth the sight of the eyes."
-Nicholas Culpeper
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."
-Jack Handy
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
-Jack Handy

"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill to his Secretary of War, 1944

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
-W.C. Fields

"Everybody has to believe in something.....I believe I'll have another drink."
-W.C. Fields

"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer."
-Dave Barry

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemmingway

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
-For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemmingway

"They who drink beer will think beer."
-Washington Irving

"One of the hallmarks of the baby boomer generation is that it doesn't live like the previous generation. It hasn't yet given up jeans and T-shirts or beer."
-Ron Klugman, SVP, Coors Brewing

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther

"Prohibition makes you want to cry into your beer and denies you the beer to cry into."
-Don Marquis

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."
-Dean Martin

"Whoever serves beer or wine watered down, he himself deserves in them to drown."
-Medieval plea for pure libations

"Why is American beer served cold? So you can tell it from urine."
-David Moulton

"I drink to make other people interesting."
-George Jean Nathan

"May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
-Old Irish Toast

"A bar is better than a newspaper for public discussion."
-Jim Parker, on the importance of a healthy pub culture

"He was a wise man who invented beer."
-Plato

"God made pot. Man made beer. Who do you trust?"
-Restroom in The Irish Times, Washington DC

"Beer needs baseball, and baseball needs beer - it has always been thus."
-Peter Richmond

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer."
-Homer Simpson

"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."
-Homer Simpson

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra

"I never met a pub I didn't like."
-Pete Slosberg, Founder of Pete's Brewing Company

"… bread, meat, vegetables and beer."
-Sophocles' philosophy of a moderate diet

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption... Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire."
-David Rains Wallace

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Welhelm

"I'm going to buy a boat... do a little travelling, and I'm going to be drinking beer!"
-John Welsh, Brooklyn bus driver who won $30 million in the New York lottery

"Beer: So much more than just a breakfast drink."
-Whitstran Brewery sign

"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
-Oscar Wilde

"Who does not love beer, wine, women and song remains a fool his whole life long."
-Carl Worner

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
-Henny Youngman

"Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."
-Catherine Zandonella

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
-Stephen Wright

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"
-Brian O'Rourke

"Beer: Helping ugly people have sex since 1862!"
-Anonymous

"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group."
-Anonymous

"Oh, lager beer! It makes good cheer, And proves the poor man's worth; It cools the body through and through, and regulates the health."
-Anonymous

"I would give all my fame for a pot of ale and safety."
-Shakespeare, Henry V

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
-Cliff Clavin, of Cheers

"I do not drink more than a sponge."
-Rabelais, 17th-century French satirist

"I decided to stop drinking with creeps. I decided to drink only with friends. I've lost 30 pounds."
-Ernest Hemingway
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

^^^ You've been saving that....

From one David to another ... Welcome!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

latzanimal wrote:^^^ You've been saving that....

From one David to another ... Welcome!

:D :D
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Hey ole' man!!! Cheers to ya my friend!! ;) You got a lot of background as do I. Lots of sharp fellas here who'll surely spark your interests and give ya sound advice. Don't be a wall flower, dive in and get yerself dirty with soot and singe a few hairs,... it's fun. And most of all it's what we do... like moths to a flame... we can't help ourselves, (lord help us all). If'n ya get stuck shout out and one of us will chime in and get ya back on track.

Frank