Shadowfangs

A place to say a little about yourself, who, where, what sort of thing.
Jelly

Shadowfangs

Post by Jelly »

Hey all,

Just got around to reading the announcement, and then the update and suggestions thread over at BYMC. Just wanted to let everyone know I made it safely.

For those that don't know me or didn't ever read any of my posts.... here's a bit about me.

Im 26 now, I took a jewelery class in high school, and thats what started my passion for casting. We had done some lost wax casting figures, and I was hooked. I did 4 more that year in class. I've never really casted anything since.... Ingots count im sure, but As far as functional castings, no. I have a huge bore furnace, that was HIGHLY innefeciant, but with the siphon burner I made (oldmoparguy bought it) It had no problems keeping up. I also had a very small furnace, about 5" bore, and the same siphon burner nearly melted my commercial refractory. As I said though, I haven't casted anything functional.

I also have an interest in all things electronic. I bought a kit CNC machine from Bluumaxcnc (google it) and put it together, the only thing I ever cut was a new Dremel holder... That hasn't cured my itch, and One day when i settle down and know where im going to be living for more than months at a time, I'll invest in a true CNC machine like the one Harry sells parts for. For now, I'd like ot get into some small scale PCB routing.

I've met Jammer, he's a cool guy. I met him in ohio while I used to work for my fathers business. I was a glorified delivery boy, with longer hours behind the wheel than most truck drivers. I've had several job title changes for my current company... And several dates of employment, but i musta done somethin right, because they keep asking me to come back....

Job titles have went from ... Brush and roll painter -> Power tool operator -> Certified Heavy Metal Contaminated Paint remover -> Timekeeper (desk jokey) -> Deckhand (By far the most labor intensive title i've had) -> Field Audit Agent (current title, I get paid to piss people in my own company off!) I've aquired an ISO 9001:2008 Certification, and in July I am supposed to get a NACE CIP Level 1 Certification. If your still reading this, I should mention, I work for a company that paints Navy Ships.

Well, its late, See ya'll Later.

Charles
(Shadow works fine for me if you dont want to go by first names lol)
Nudge

Re: Shadowfangs

Post by Nudge »

good to see you here soon everybody will be here :D
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
apuranga

Post by apuranga »

Welcome to the forum!
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Hey Shadowfangs, welcome. This is where the elite hang out. :D
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
_FL_

Post by _FL_ »

Jammer wrote:Hey Shadowfangs, welcome. This is where the elite hang out. :D
Right, Jammer! :lol: I think we must find a way, to get Jeff for this forum.
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

Thats right. The Elite indeed!!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

It seems like only the high posters made it here :) and if it is not that, then its only the ones that know where the better forum is :D
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Nudge wrote:It seems like only the high posters made it here :) and if it is not that, then its only the ones that know where the better forum is :D
I know of one slacker that found his way..... :lol:
apuranga

Post by apuranga »

latzanimal wrote:
Nudge wrote:It seems like only the high posters made it here :) and if it is not that, then its only the ones that know where the better forum is :D
I know of one slacker that found his way..... :lol:
That makes 2 of us :roll:
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

3 :o

I just like the number ;)
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller

Return to “Introductions”