making a supply run

Supplier information and Creative Rummaging
Rasper

making a supply run

Post by Rasper »

I am leaving here on Tuesday evening. First stop Mexico City, for two days, to buy some Mizzou castable and two rolls of Kaowool. I'll ship that stuff home and then continue on up to California to work until Thanksgiving Day. That's a good day to travel in the US. No airline passengers.

My metalshaping shop is in Santa Rosa. I have sculpture projects underway there. Too many shops, too little time. (That's a hell of a lot better than too much time and too few shops.)

Richard
Nudge

Re: making a supply run

Post by Nudge »

Cool! That sounds like a trip and a half :) Have fun, Keep safe.
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hard for me to imagine two shops so far apart Richard. I can see it being like "damn, thats up in California" every time I need something.

Like Nudge said, be safe.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Harry wrote:Hard for me to imagine two shops so far apart Richard. I can see it being like "damn, thats up in California" every time I need something.

Like Nudge said, be safe.
Yea, that's way worse than me saying, I left the tool I needed in the basement when I'm in the garage.:P :lol:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

It is a pain sometimes. There are times in Mexico when I sorely miss my air compressor and die grinders, my drill press, the sand blast cabinet, and my gas welder, but all in all, foundry work requires a lot fewer tools than metal fabrication. With a 4 1/2 inch grinder, a good heavy 1/2 inch electric drill, and a stick welder, you can do a lot in a foundry.

I came up to CA last night from Mexico City where I bought two 25 foot rolls of ceramic wool, and two bags of Mizzou. I shipped them to my wife who is at home in Mexico. Mission complete.

If you have any interest in the work I do in CA, you can peek in my web site. Some people tell me it's entertaining. I'm not trying to prove anything, or sell anything, so I am free to just have some fun with it.

http://www.fantaciworks.com
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Richard, thanks for sharing that. I have always been a fan of the work you do and it is nice seeing a more rounded out version of your talents.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller