Supply of scrap ally

Supplier information and Creative Rummaging
mite5255

Supply of scrap ally

Post by mite5255 »

Where I work we have two boxs of surplus cast aluminium saw clamps that we use in the plastic industry on our automatic saws, plus some phosphor bronze formers, one box has 550 kg (1212 lb)of scrap, the other box has 350 kg (770 lb)of scrap. soooooo on Monday I asked the production manager what are they doing with it all, he said I'm guessing you want some of it, I of cause said yes, he then said they'll have to ask a recycler how much it was worth, he also mentioned a recycler that he'll be calling so yesterday I gave them a call just to check on the price just in case someone try's to remove a few extra dollars from my pocket :o .
Now the price I pay for a aluminium wheels is $15 which works out at about $1.66 kg, now the recycler says they pay $0.65 per kg = $1.43 lb( I think my conversions are correct) I'm hoping to get the 900 kg = 1984 lb for $580

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: Supply of scrap ally

Post by Jammer »

See if they will go for $10/ week payroll deduction to pay it off! :D
That's what I did for some refractory at work, worked out good and the wife didn't notice.. for about 3 weeks!!! :shock: :? TOO LATE! :D
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thats funny Jammer, Mike... be sure to let him know that if you buy it he wont have to haul it to the recycler so you should get a better price. Also, what kind of alloy do you think it is? I am pretty spoiled with how nice wheels cast. The bronze would be more interesting to me.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hi Jammer they won't do a payroll deduction for this, our payroll is done on a national basis plus the money from any scrap metal goes into a Christmas slush fund so its cash, they may give me a few weeks to pay but time will tell, I'm more inclined to get on my knees and ask the treasure to open the vault and let me gather up a few loose Pennines from the floor :roll: :roll: . I also cannot sneak this home as I don't think 900 kg of scrap aluminium will fit under the matrimonial bed :lol: she said wow that's cheap compared to what I have been paying

Hi Harry, Not to sure on what kind of ally it is, it is a cast alloy tho, I'll see if they can find out . The bronze would be interesting to have

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Good score! Any cast ali is better than no cast ali. :mrgreen:
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!