Sand

Supplier information and Creative Rummaging
dallen

Re: Sand

Post by dallen »

mite5255 wrote:
dallen wrote:look at the ground in your yard, there was a time when if someone was going to be casting metal they had to dig the molding material out of the ground. I have loam in my yard if I was to sift out all the grass roots that would make some pretty good molding sand, if I could just find the keys to the shovel

DA
What model shovel do you have Dave, mine was a 78FXE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2401_69407426132_6576_n.jpg
my shovels all seem to have wooden handles, but I did plow up a field one time with a Kawasaki and took out a big chunk of a 5 strand barbwire fence while doing it.

Sorry no pictures of the resulting cuts and brusies. I do have one of these though

David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

I knew there was something I liked about, dallen... :lol:
dallen

Post by dallen »

F.C. wrote:I knew there was something I liked about, dallen... :lol:
I did forget to mention that I hit that fence at about 60. damn barbwire makes one hell of a weird sound when it stretches up tight really fast.

DA

volcom7114

Post by volcom7114 »

LOL Dave i bet it does make a funny noise. OUCH! i was hunting with my father inlaw and had to releave myself walked by a tree and stated my stream next thing you know things started getting numb and here i didn't piss for 3 days after pissing on that electric fencer BOX that was hidden under brush!just a side note everything is working just fine now days lol
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hey Dave I did that trick in 1975, just two months before I got married, I was on a XS650 Yamaha and was doing about 80 mph, I left the road, taking the guide post with me, hit the effen bard wire fence, snapped all four wires, removed one fence post and never got as much as a scratch, was very fucking sore for awhile tho, I sometimes think that that little excursion was the start of all my back and shoulder issues that I suffer with today

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

you were lucky I damn near cut my right hand off about three inches above my right wrist. I can tell you this it hurt like hell before I got to the hospital. Sure Freaking Screwed up the bike thou.

DA