wood lath

Pattern making is an art, either by machine or traditional it is the key to success in casting.
mite5255

Re: wood lath

Post by mite5255 »

I was out most of the day today so not much got done, I just need to bolt the frame to the lathe, then dyna bolt the lot to the floor and it should be good to go :D
Mike
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG (163.05 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

All up and running :D

Mike
IMG_0148.JPG
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Nice Mike, you are moving along nicely in tooling up.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

First try, mmmmmm I like the shape also, looks sorta like one of those things that go BANG :D

Mike
IMG_0156.JPG
barryjyoung

Post by barryjyoung »

Hi Harry:

It is a terrible myth that anything is harder on a CNC than on a conventional machine. CNC's have a digital readout for each axis, and have variable speed power feed. The very best conventional machines have CNC controls attached. There is nothing that a conventional machine does that a CNC machine cannot do better, including manual machining. You have to do the same setup on a conventional machine that you have to do on a CNC used conventionally. The CNC allows you to also do MDI commands that act like little programs you put in right at the machine. You are absolutely correct in the second half of your statement, you can easily and quickly move any axis a tiny amount, or a large amount.

Good luck all.

Barry