a little advice required

Pattern making is an art, either by machine or traditional it is the key to success in casting.
Jeff Clark

Re: a little advice required

Post by Jeff Clark »

I would just cast two up if you feel you will need it in the future, on my patterns I make most are from Bando and fiberglass, I will finish it just like I want then cast it, I clean and polish my first part and make any repairs then that is my actual pattern I use, so I always have a double on all my patterns.
Pour Naked!
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Oldsalt, unless you are going to cast a lot of these coping down as FC and Jeff suggested is certainly going to be a lot easier to get your part. Going to wax and investment casting would be for something that could not be done in sand or if you want to make dozens of them. Even then it might be better to cast a matchplate as long as the part will pull from sand because a rubber mold will only be good for so many waxes before it starts to break down.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

How have you got on with this part Oldsalt? Looks like an interesting and fun part to cast!
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!