Heart shaped clock

Pattern making is an art, either by machine or traditional it is the key to success in casting.
latzanimal

Re: Heart shaped clock

Post by latzanimal »

geoff_p wrote:A week ago, I wrote to JRSToolcrib. Thanks to latzanimal for the nod. I am very pleased to pass on to you that:
A/ They have been a pleasure to deal with. Thanks especially to "LJ."
B/ They have found some cutters that will suit my needs at Very Reasonable Prices, which are now heading my way;
C/ They even offered to make a new carbide-cutter to my specification at a cost which was lower than competitors' off-the-shelf prices.
Geoff, Glad you found what you were looking for. The tool crib was great when I called for a custom cutter as well. At the time I didn't realize you were out of the US, but that obviously cause a problem...
LauraPeterson

Re: Heart shaped clock

Post by LauraPeterson »

geoff_p wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:49 pm
A week ago, I wrote to JRSToolcrib. Thanks to latzanimal for the nod. I am very pleased to pass on to you that:
A/ They have been a pleasure to deal with. Thanks especially to "LJ."
B/ They have found some cutters that will suit my needs
scroll saw at reasonable prices, which are now heading my way;
C/ They even offered to make a new carbide-cutter to my specification at a cost which was lower than competitors' off-the-shelf prices.

--------------------------------------------------------
I take your points about fabricating the larger parts of patterns and I do that as a matter of course, while the smaller details are cut and 'stuck-on'. Cutting those details has been a problem for for me.

I too have a scrollsaw, which is almost permanently set to a draft-angle, but I cannot achieve decent surfaces with it. This is 'my' problem rather than that of the machine, and I hope that by milling the twiddly bits my patterns will improve.

Geoff
facing same problem with my scroll saw, the surface is not okay.

Return to “The Pattern Shop”