New sump extension pattern

Pattern making is an art, either by machine or traditional it is the key to success in casting.
mite5255

Re: New sump extension pattern

Post by mite5255 »

@ Dallen ...Dave I put a package it the post for you today, its not a very big piece of kwila or its other name merbau, its 8 "x 3 1/2 "x1 1/4 " , you should have it wthin 15 days, enjoy ;) I also added today's newspaper to the package
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=kwil ... 3xB5CTgKgO

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

thanks, I'll have to work up a blade to put it on. I think I have a hunk of leaf spring out of a pickup somewhere.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

[quote="dallen"]thanks, I'll have to work up a blade to put it on. I think I have a hunk of leaf spring out of a pickup somewhere.

DA[/quote You do a bit of blade work Dave, anything fancy you can show and tell :D
dallen

Post by dallen »

mite5255 wrote:
dallen wrote:thanks, I'll have to work up a blade to put it on. I think I have a hunk of leaf spring out of a pickup somewhere.

DA[/quote You do a bit of blade work Dave, anything fancy you can show and tell :D
I've put a few blades together where I bought the blade then did all the rest of the stuff like putting handles on them, plus a couple that I've made out of old files, nothing to really take a picture of. but if I make a blade and use the wood your sending I'll make damn sure and take a picture even if I screw it up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:, but the damn weather is going to have to warm up a bit first.

DA

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I believe the weather is warming up :lol:
Core box mk 2
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Tried the new core box today, I'm using a pressure cooker as a gas chamber to gas the core,

I added a quick release air fitting to the lid and to a co2 fire extinguisher hose

I then very carefully gassed the core

The result, It came out very well, I'm hoping to try a casting tomorrow
dallen

Post by dallen »

I see the frog's still keeping an eye on you Mike, Core looks good, nice job on the core box.

After a couple days of warm weather, its turned off colder than my ex's heart again here so no casting for me for a couple of days.

DA

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I didn't make that core box Dave, a mate who is a retired machinists and does wood working in his retirement cut it out for me, its a little bit of we both need each others skills, he wants some casting done so we help each other
Casting turned out of, the two hole are were I had two flat head nails to hold the core in place, frog must of thought it was getting a bit cool and needed warming up he he.... Hope to try machining cooling fins tommorow
Tonight's dinner, since we got this BBQ wife has hardly cooked a meal :o I feel like I'm being used :lol: :lol: :lol:
dallen

Post by dallen »

nothing wrong with trading skills, I do it when I can. I have a friend that owns a welding shop so when he needs something turned I usually get the job, but I get free bits and pieces of metal from him in return.
mite5255 wrote:Tonight's dinner, since we got this BBQ wife has hardly cooked a meal :o I feel like I'm being used :lol: :lol: :lol:
chicken looks good Mike, and I agree your probably being used.

DA

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Did some machining on the mill today, I'm now waiting on a angle plate so I can machine the ends, plus a radius cutter so I can radius the boss's, the thick fins on the end will end up being removed when I machine the ends