Coaster Project

Pattern making is an art, either by machine or traditional it is the key to success in casting.
Jammer

Coaster Project

Post by Jammer »

Should be challenging. I'll try to post updates as I work on them.

Not another Whovian??
Attachments
logo.png
logo.png (9.6 KiB) Viewed 4439 times
cordrey mite logo.png
cordrey mite logo.png (29.69 KiB) Viewed 4439 times
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Re: I've got the CNC running

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Should be challenging. I'll try to post updates as I work on them.

Not another Whovian??
Nothing quite like a good challenge lol
Any issues just let me know, plus no rush

Not me Jerry, but my youngest Brother is and so is his son, when I get the pattern and make some I'll then post them on my facebook, they both should go nuts and want some lol

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: Coaster Project

Post by Jammer »

Started playing with this while it's snowing. I've got a couple pictures worked out to start the g-code.
Attachments
aus_edited-3 one ring.jpg
aus_edited-3 one ring.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 4429 times
cooroy finish jpeg 2rL.jpg
tardis bmp C2.jpg
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Started playing with this while it's snowing. I've got a couple pictures worked out to start the g-code.
Looking great Jerry, on the copper one could you put McDermontt Avaition in a semi circle across the top and heli-lift Australia in a semi circle across the bottom, that's if there is room and if it all looks symmetrical

Thanks Jerry
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Yea Mike, that's the inside circle. I'm going to put an out side circle around it and put the lettering between the two. We'll see how it looks. Would you want it say anything in the outside of the school coaster? Teacher's name, Number 1 teacher...whatever. Or it could be a little larger with a small rim on the outside edge...?
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Yea Mike, that's the inside circle. I'm going to put an out side circle around it and put the lettering between the two. We'll see how it looks. Would you want it say anything in the outside of the school coaster? Teacher's name, Number 1 teacher...whatever. Or it could be a little larger with a small rim on the outside edge...?
Just so it fits the whole coaster Jerry, but hey I'm open to ideas, right at this moment I need sleep I finish night-shift at 07-00 and was in bed by 08-30, its 13-20 so I'm heading back to bed, I'm stuffed :roll:

Mike
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Yea Mike, that's the inside circle. I'm going to put an out side circle around it and put the lettering between the two. We'll see how it looks. Would you want it say anything in the outside of the school coaster? Teacher's name, Number 1 teacher...whatever. Or it could be a little larger with a small rim on the outside edge...?
Just a bit larger on the school on Jerry if you can Jerry with the edge
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Here's a couple more Pictures. I wish I could post the complete set up, everything is in G-code in parts and pieces.
I need to upload the Inkscape program to see what it will look like before putting it in the CNC machine.
Picture the McDermott Aviation and Heli-Lift Australia in the black ring, raised letters with the background cleaned up.
The way I'm planning on cutting it, the black lines and areas will be the high points and the white will be lowered.
Attachments
tardis.jpg
tardis.jpg (37.83 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
cooroy.jpg
cooroy.jpg (77.54 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
aus.jpg
aus.jpg (30.16 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Here's a couple more Pictures. I wish I could post the complete set up, everything is in G-code in parts and pieces.
I need to upload the Inkscape program to see what it will look like before putting it in the CNC machine.
Picture the McDermott Aviation and Heli-Lift Australia in the black ring, raised letters with the background cleaned up.
The way I'm planning on cutting it, the black lines and areas will be the high points and the white will be lowered.
That looks fantastic Jerry, they should look great :D :D :D
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I don't know why some of the edges are fuzzy, it appears to be just on the pictures. The CNC ignores some of the small pixels or a lot of them if the setting it too high.

I was hoping for a cricky, Krikey ... what ever the word is? :lol: :lol: