CNC guys...Will ya cut me some patterns?

Maybe someone here has that thing you have been after?
Harry
Site Admin

Re: CNC guys...Will ya cut me some patterns?

Post by Harry »

Got it turned on now Nudge, thanks for the heads up. I dont usually use it so I am not likely to notice if it is there or not.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

I just sat and watched all of the hoe to build parts for the base and motor bits. Its not too bad for a small mill :)
It would of course be a LOT better if it was all made in cast alli :mrgreen:
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Harry, I cleaned up the Dxf, I made sure there was 5/16" of an inch in-between ALL pieces. This reflects the 13 parts to make the entire machine, even a sacrificial table piece as shown on the actual mantis website. Let me know if this works better for you.

Also, this dxf makes two machines on a 2x4 piece of plywood.
Attachments
mantis 13 part two machine.zip
1.8mb unzipped.
(230.63 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

How big are the side bits ment to be? When I inport them it looks like it is about 7.3" X 9" is that about right?
Capture.JPG
If that is the size of the side then I would be pushing to cut it on my mill :roll: and I would have to do it one bit at a time :(
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Nudge, the dimensions are correct, as there would be the front and back pieces adding approx 1" to the overall size of the machine. The base is 10"x10" if that gives you any idea :)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Sound good to me :P
That would mean that is has been cut from 1/2" stock :shock: I would have thought that 3/8" would have been heaps!
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Shadow, here is the image of how the cut is laid out. Be sure to send me a note to let me know if this looks ok to you. I did re arrange things a little to give room for tabs and get that left over piece on the right side. If there is room in the box I will add that piece in with your parts, you might be able to use it as an extra sacrificial table.
mantis.jpg
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

That is a sweet looking thing! :)
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Harry wrote:Shadow, here is the image of how the cut is laid out. Be sure to send me a note to let me know if this looks ok to you. I did re arrange things a little to give room for tabs and get that left over piece on the right side. If there is room in the box I will add that piece in with your parts, you might be able to use it as an extra sacrificial table.
mantis.jpg
Harry,

Any way I can pay you to cut this again, only out of 1/2" instead of 3/4 like the previous set? I'm not opposed to MDF this time either. I did notice I only received 12 pieces last time, instead of the 13 on the sheet you posted. Hit me up via PM or reply here, Im ready to move forward with this again. :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hmmm, which piece was missing? I sent you a PM and like I said I will only charge you material and shipping but it will have to wait until I make it back to Home Depot.

Also, do you want MDF? Doesnt matter to me what material it is cut from and it wont change the material cost much with this small of a piece. Could use MDO and it would have that hard white coating on the flat sides.
Muller