Buckle pattern

Maybe someone here has that thing you have been after?
bunyip

Buckle pattern

Post by bunyip »

Hello everyone, man, am I sick of this long spell of extremely hot weather we are having here!!! Now, the buckle pattern that was doing the rounds (the one with the caster pouring metal) : is one still available & if so, what is the procedure to get it for awhile? Cheers Trev.
On top down under
Jammer

Re: Buckle pattern

Post by Jammer »

I've got some I cast from the original but they lose a little with each copy. I also made a mold and pour wax into it, they come out pretty good but I don't think it would survive the mailing. I'm hoping I can clean up the wax pattern and add some of the detail back, maybe even put my name on it. We'll see if anyone has a good pattern first, if not I'll send you one of mine.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hi Trev

I still have the one that old salt sent me and could pass it one, just shoot me a pm with your postal address and I'll send it to you

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

I've got the one that harry sent me I can sent it to someone, if they need a pattern, I have still haven't gotten the loop to pour (haven't messed with it for a while) been doing other things. but have a couple of good copies of the actual buckle face I can use as a pattern for myself.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
bunyip

Post by bunyip »

Thanks for the response fellas; I will take up Mike's offer as he is in Aus' & that may be a bit easier at this stage. Cheers Trev.
On top down under
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Buckles in the mail Trev

Mike
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I love the fact those Buckles Bob sent out are still making the rounds. We really need to work on getting some more patterns in the loop, I am a little embarrassed that I have not done something myself because I have a ton of ideas that just need to get some wheels under them. Will have to try to keep this at the front of my mind (hard to do the way it tend to spin and bobble).
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
bunyip

Post by bunyip »

Many thanks Mike, the pattern arrived today & I must say I am really impressed with it.Next will be to make the silicone mould & then waxes & away we go!!! What I need to know now is when I'm finally done with it do I return it to Mike or somewhere else.Mike, could you please send me a PM & let me know if in fact you have finished with the pattern? Cheers all.
On top down under
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

bunyip wrote:Many thanks Mike, the pattern arrived today & I must say I am really impressed with it.Next will be to make the silicone mould & then waxes & away we go!!! What I need to know now is when I'm finally done with it do I return it to Mike or somewhere else.Mike, could you please send me a PM & let me know if in fact you have finished with the pattern? Cheers all.

Hi Trev

That pattern came from Old Salt who's from NZ and I'm not to sure if he wants it back. I'm not finished with it myself yet, so if when your finished with it could you post it back or if someone would like to use it in the mean time post it on to them

I think the main thing is to try and just keep track of where it is at any one time at moment so we can keep passing it on

Mike
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As long as they dont drop off the map those half dozen patterns could become masters for hundreds of casters around the world.

Bunyip, you going to do these with investment casting? If so you might want to work on the hook before casting would be easier in wax than finishing in metal or even remove it and put a wax rod on before investing.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller