WTB 3x 3/8-12 Delrin AF nuts.

Maybe someone here has that thing you have been after?
Jelly

WTB 3x 3/8-12 Delrin AF nuts.

Post by Jelly »

Does anyone have a 3/8-12 Tap? I would really like to purchase 3 Delrin/ HDPE AF nuts for my upcomming CNC machine. Heck, Even cutting board would work for me. Please feel free to PM or post here with a price.

I dont know what the sites policy about linking ebay auctions, but if someone can make me something similar to this, I'd rather pay someone in the USA
3x cnc ACME nuts
Harry
Site Admin

Re: WTB 3x 3/8-12 Delrin AF nuts.

Post by Harry »

You can make your own tap from a piece of the threaded rod easily enough for cutting delrin.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

I have No tools here, only some basic screwdrivers, a hammer, and some pliers. I will investigate this possibility but my offer still stands :)
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

a hunk of jb weld blobbed onto some threaded rod? Should thread off easily enough?
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

I just watched a vid using a sacrificial piece of acme rod to make your own tap... I do have a dremel, i think i'll try it when my threaded rod comes in.

apuranga

Post by apuranga »

Hmmm... I think I'll try this also, because I could always use more taps.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It really doesnt take much, I have made thread chaser/taps using just a flat file. Delrin cuts pretty easy too.

4cfs suggestion of JB weld may work well too, at least it sounds good but I have never done that.

Just want to take the threads down in front of the cutting edge to give somewhere for the cuttings to go. The more you can remove in front of your cutting teeth the more you can go on each trip in.

I am not familiar with the AF, what does that stand for? I always see ABL for anti back lash. These are usually spring loaded to keep compression on the screw so if they wear a little the machine does not begin to get sloppy.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

Harry wrote:4cfs suggestion of JB weld may work well too, at least it sounds good but I have never done that.
I never did either. It could stick solid and be an epic failure for all I know...just thinkin aloud :roll:
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison
GypsyTinker

Post by GypsyTinker »

Vaseline :-D
Only the highest standards of precision!