Cincinnati Shaper

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
cae2100

Re: Cincinnati Shaper

Post by cae2100 »

oh, ok, just remember that if you change the rods/thread pitch, then you'll have to adjust the settings in the printer software, otherwise your Z height will be all out of whack, lol.
dallen

Post by dallen »

yep I know and believe me when i say no one can screw it up worse then me
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 pm
Ya wanna bet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

mite5255 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 am
dallen wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 pm
Ya wanna bet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Challenge accepted.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

lol, I used to work in IT and when you say you guys couldnt screw it up any worse, there's people that could, lol. Half of the people I had to fix stuff for, the stuff was so stupid that you would seriously laugh, lol. It wasnt just computer stuff, it was just normal common sense stuff usually. Those were the people were living, breathing examples that darwin was full if shit, lol. So trust me, it can be screwed up worse, mainly because Ive seen it and had to work on it at least once, lol.
dallen

Post by dallen »

we all screw up at some point in time one way or another, I had the supreme pleasure of calling my boss up one day and telling him that I had just burned up two 125 horsepower electric motors, and yes I still have a very small portion of my ass to pack around he missed a very small piece that was hiding behind my empty wallet. oh yea don't forget about the new paint job on one of the asphalt haulers truck cabs cause I didn't check to see what silo was selected when I dumped about 4 tons of hot mix on top of the cab.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

When I was 21 years old, I was working as second engineer on a seagoing tug out of Fort Lauderdale. I came back to the boat drunk one night (remember I was 21 in Fort Lauderdale) and I started up the 3-71 generator for some lights. I forgot that we had dismantled the salt water side of the heat exchanger that day, so once the fresh water in the engine and the pipes got hot, it just kept getting hotter. I was lucky; I remembered just in time.

We were towing construction barges to the Bahamas. This was after the mob was kicked out of Cuba, and they were building new hotels in Nassau and Freeport. We were carrying the construction equipment and supplies.

The longest trip we made was down to Great Inagua Island, down almost to Haiti. Interesting place. There was no fresh water on the island; the water in the wells had a much higher salt content than the sea water. The Morton Salt Co. was using it to make salt. They had hundreds of acres of shallow evaporation ponds. They needed a pier to load the salt ships. We towed a barge down there for the construction company that was to build the pier. It was an old Navy LST (a tank landing craft), maybe 350 feet long. It carried the construction crew and all of the supplies and machinery needed to build a large pier, including thousands of gallons of fresh water and diesel fuel, and tons of steel and cement.

Richard