Sump exension

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
dallen

Re: Sump exension

Post by dallen »

Mike you gonna ship gaskets with the extention or leave it up to the guys that buy em to get their own.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That is a very good point, the gaskets and longer bolts would make for a complete kit and this is the kind of attention to detail that will not only help you command a premium price but also great word of mouth advertizing.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I was just going to make the part, a lot less for me to worry about, I do understand what your saying but at the moment I'll just supply the part, but things may change in the future. My brother has received the extension and likes it and supplied me with two photos
P1010668.JPG
P1010669.JPG
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

it don't get any better than that Mike, looks really good
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

looks like it came from a shop. :) well done.
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. I'm rather proud of how it all worked out, still some very small modification yet tho , such as one bolt hole is rather close to the edge, I drilled the bolt holes for a 6mm bolt, brother had to take them out a bit further so there was a bit of free movement to get it in the proper position. So to fix it I added a few layers of masking tape to that area then I sprayed it with high build up spray putty sanded then repainted it, hope to make a few tomorrow ( Monday ) brother made a you tube clip of the extension on his bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_DcwHnNLQ

Mike
Last edited by mite5255 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

My brother has just emailed me to say the he's posted an add on his clubs website :)
http://www.xs650.org.au/forsale/forsale.html

Mike
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Theres a start Mikie, maybe make one up and take it to the local repair shops along with the pictures of it installed.

I saw a show the other day where the guy that bought Jello (for $450) from its inventor went to towns and passed out recipe books. He would then go to local markets and tell them he had just delivered 500 recipe books and people were going start coming into the store asking for this 'Jello' product.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller