Cast Some Lead Today.

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
Jammer

Cast Some Lead Today.

Post by Jammer »

I got a little bored today and started to clean up some lead I had in buckets. May have been a waste of time and electric, but hey, most of my casting turn out that way..Usually unintentionally. I was surprised how much less space it took up. There is almost 200# of lead there and it was more than two 5 gallon buckets nearly full. I used every ingot mold I have and the large pig mold in the rear. There is a pair of needle nose pliers on the stack for size.
I just got the little ladles and the half cylinder mold at an auction. I also got 2 breadstick molds but decided to make breadsticks with them so casting lead in them wouldn't be a good idea.

quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Re: Cast Some Lead Today.

Post by Rasper »

let's hope MetalMelter doesn't get a whiff of that lead from over at the other forum.

R
davidh

Post by davidh »

what is the long cast iron mold in the far end, orig. used for ? it would make a great bread pan i'd bet. .. .
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That's a pig mold for lead pigs that feed into a linecasting machine for printing type.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

let's hope MetalMelter doesn't get a whiff of that lead from over at the other forum.
Now that would be a bad thing, the last thing we need is the word lead echoing in hour ears on every thread! :lol:
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Nudge wrote:
Now that would be a bad thing, the last thing we need is the word lead echoing in hour ears on every thread! :lol:
He's very keen :lol:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)